A Day of Vicenza Style(R)
87 Members and 11172 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

Beware of Cooks Essentials Warranty

Started 1309696852.277 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1312782391.06 by MSA2004

I bought a set of Cook Essentials pots/pans several years ago. I still have the little card that states I have a lifetime warranty. All the pans and lids are in great shape except one of the fry pans. The coating started coming off, so I called customer service and told them my problem. They stated they had records off all my purchases except that one. Was told they would have to look into this and it will take 7-10 business days. I have given them double that time and called back and was told it would be alot longer because that department is very busy. Seems to me that I am getting brushed off. Was told there is no way to talk to that dept.

So when David is talking about a lifetime warranty, take it with a grain of salt and remember that QVC will most likely lose your record that you made the purchase.

Page 1 of 1
chickenbutt1309705822.1923848 PostsRegistered 1/16/2006chickentown

I called once on a pot that had begun to peel and they could not have been more helpful. Customer Service gave me the address where I needed to send it and advised me as to all the information to include. They didn't look up any orders.

Several days after I sent out the pot I got a phone call from the warranty center advising me that they didin't have that exact pot anymore and offered me two choices (one of the same type quality and one of a higher end type). I chose the one I preferred and before I even got off the phone with him I got an email for my 'order'.

In less than a week I had the replacement piece in hand.

You might want to call back and talk to a different CSR. They have always been very good about honoring their lifetime warranty, so maybe this one didn't know what s/he was talking about.

Bippity boppity BOOYAH!

LindaCinKY1309711147.531108 PostsRegistered 11/25/2009

What chickenbutt said is true. For the short time I've been on the boards (about 1-1/2 years or so), several have posted that they would get different answers from different reps about some problem or other. There have been quite a few who posted that a piece or more of their CE or Technique cookware was replaced due to wear/tear on their pieces, including flaking/scratched coating. It's not right to have to keep calling about this, but keep trying because you'll eventually get the right rep who will do right by you and stand by their guarantee.

SPURT1309711619.096712 PostsRegistered 1/5/2009

if it took 7-10 days because that department is busy, I would take that as a sign not to purchase Cook Essentials.

GO SPURS GO! SAN ANTONIO SPURS 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.

Bob in Tex­as1309915380.6675 PostsRegistered 7/3/2011

I have called back to a different CSR and its the same response......get lost...we are to busy to help.

Good luck!

ibb381309920007.94312248 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 7/3/2011 chickenbutt said:

I called once on a pot that had begun to peel and they could not have been more helpful. Customer Service gave me the address where I needed to send it and advised me as to all the information to include. They didn't look up any orders.

Several days after I sent out the pot I got a phone call from the warranty center advising me that they didin't have that exact pot anymore and offered me two choices (one of the same type quality and one of a higher end type). I chose the one I preferred and before I even got off the phone with him I got an email for my 'order'.

In less than a week I had the replacement piece in hand.

You might want to call back and talk to a different CSR. They have always been very good about honoring their lifetime warranty, so maybe this one didn't know what s/he was talking about.

I had a very similar experience- my fry pan wasn't non stick anymore and Q gladly replaced it with one even better! I just sent it back to Q with a note explaining the problem. Didn't even call first! It took about a month to hear back, but their cs regarding this problem was great.

millieshops1309922225.87314727 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

Why rely on someone else to prove your purchases? Keep receipts. They tell far more than insert cards. The warranty works when you can prove you paid. I know that much, so I'm not scared to buy.

Jeanne R1309923127.2034788 PostsRegistered 7/5/2010

oh, thats something to be sorry for but hope you get the best

ibb381309923180.82312248 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

My order status on line goes back 6 years- you can print out the order page from your cooks essentials purchase and have that as a substitute receipt. I do that often and never had a problem with Q!

depglass1309965692.5423906 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

I once sent a CE pan back when I had problems with the non-stick. But the pan was brand new. They replaced it. A skillet that I've used several years and just has lost its non-stick properties, but not the coating, I wouldn't bother with. I am very hard on them, I guess.

Michele261310081514.9231 PostsRegistered 7/7/2011

I am surprised at the trouble you are having with your return. Recently, I sent back 5 pans because the non stick finish was wearing off. My stainless steel set was purchased in 1999 and my daughter's red set in 2004. I returned 3 from my stainless steel set and 2 from my daughters, her return contained a frying pan. QVC looked up both proofs of purchase, located them and accepted the returns. We just received 1/2 the shippment, no problem and at no cost to us.

Bob in Tex­as1310347152.5275 PostsRegistered 7/3/2011

Decided to give it one more try and called today.....told me they had been trying to get aholdo of me and had found my info. Told them I have voicemail so I find that hard to believe. But hey...the main thing is they found my info and they gave me all the #s and address stuff I needed. I will try to remember to update on the outcome.

Dosey1310487378.3233872 PostsRegistered 10/16/2010

I glad the problem has been resolved, Bob, but I must say I am surprised that they wanted proof of purchase. Isn't CE a QVC brand? That should have been enough. Also, what if you had received this as a gift? They should honor the warranty regardless of if you have a receipt or not.

BTW, I've given up on Teflon. It eventually peels off. JMO.

Bob in Tex­as1312030607.255 PostsRegistered 7/3/2011

Just wanted to give a update....I hate when people dont give a update.

I received my pans this week, so I am happy. Still was alot of hassle, but in the end it worked out. Considering what I paid for this set I am happy with the quality, I think people get a little irritated by the TV presentation and they should never have a problem. Well you may have a problem, so hold onto your receipt!!!

jazzybelle1312030944.631970 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004NC

Glad you got your problem resolved with satisfaction.

As Dosey said, a receipt should not be necessary. CE is exclusive to QVC.

Rachelle1312031918.6571286 PostsRegistered 9/30/2007

I'm with you on this one,,, My pans started to peel, I've only had them 6 months or so. I phoned customer service and she said the usual " I apologize for this" blah blah blah.. Then she gives me the number for the manufactuer,,which is probably 3 doors down from where she was talking to me, I forgot its made by QVC.. Now this woman tells me I can pack up the pots and pans and mail them back and adds "it will take anywhere from 3-4 months to get a replacement???

I decided to toss these rejects and buy something more reliable and from a store close to home.

nunnie1312042627.287253 PostsRegistered 1/16/2008Northeast Ohio
On 7/30/2011 Bob in Texas said:

Just wanted to give a update....I hate when people dont give a update.

I received my pans this week, so I am happy. Still was alot of hassle, but in the end it worked out. Considering what I paid for this set I am happy with the quality, I think people get a little irritated by the TV presentation and they should never have a problem. Well you may have a problem, so hold onto your receipt!!!

Bob in Texas, Glad you gave this update, I know they have been very fair with me and made my purchase whole. Just goes to show you have to talk to the right customer service person. Some of them aren't really sure how to handle things.

chickenbutt1312045063.7323848 PostsRegistered 1/16/2006chickentown

I'm glad you got your replacements and you are happy with them, Bob! They are usually very good about their warranties, so it's disappointing to hear that some people are getting CSRs who don't help.

Bippity boppity BOOYAH!

Geniebeanie1312777011.483298 PostsRegistered 5/11/2010

They replace my 10 inch black skillet with no problem.

dgluvr1312778474.775245 PostsRegistered 5/12/2008

I have a number of different sets ( and individual purchases) of the CE stainless with teflon- In years past I've had to return some pieces -It takes a while for them to "check" the orders-- more than once they say they don't have the same piece and even not a comparable one- the last time I sent one back- I got credit only for the "clearance price" Almost all of mine are showing signs of wear and my mother's as well.I don't use metal utensils, no high heat. They don't carry open stock and if you note- they are carrying very few sets now, and showing even less on their shows.When they do, they're saying the teflon is improved. Well I can't possible ship back all my pieces --what am I supposed to cook with in the first place and like I said- they don't carry open stock which kind of defeats their warranty - why would I want a smaller size or a different piece than the one I sent back if I ordered it in the first place? It's a lose lose for me.Now I see they're pushing "ceramic coating".

Silver Lin­ing1312779534.5373617 PostsRegistered 4/15/2010
On 8/7/2011 dgluvr said:

I have a number of different sets ( and individual purchases) of the CE stainless with teflon- In years past I've had to return some pieces -It takes a while for them to "check" the orders-- more than once they say they don't have the same piece and even not a comparable one- the last time I sent one back- I got credit only for the "clearance price" Almost all of mine are showing signs of wear and my mother's as well.I don't use metal utensils, no high heat. They don't carry open stock and if you note- they are carrying very few sets now, and showing even less on their shows.When they do, they're saying the teflon is improved. Well I can't possible ship back all my pieces --what am I supposed to cook with in the first place and like I said- they don't carry open stock which kind of defeats their warranty - why would I want a smaller size or a different piece than the one I sent back if I ordered it in the first place? It's a lose lose for me.Now I see they're pushing "ceramic coating".

I understand and agree with you. I ended up tossing some. Like someone else said, I think a lot depends on the CR person(s) you get.

MSA20041312782391.0234675 PostsRegistered 8/3/2010Midwest, USA

Call them up (or write, if you like) and have them stand by the warranty. You bought it because it had a lifetime warranty. They should honor it.

I have sent in a few pieces to Cooks Essentials and had them replaced pretty quickly. I will be calling on a totally different product soon to have it replaced under the Lifetime Warranty.

Something Wonderful Is About To Happen!!!!

Page 1 of 1