Valued Contributor

If You Have J292234 Sterling BT or AMY Bracelet Do You......

Still wear it a lot or every day? I purchased this way back as an event price of $804 in the small and BT since it is my birthstone. I felt I found my signature piece that I would wear with my watch every day. I prefer a deeper BT but this was still magnificent. I did have "too much $$$" remorse soon after and returned. I've thought about the bracelet quite a bit as in "Ripka Regrettus" since and even though it has increased in price I thought of getting it on EZP day March 11. But, for that kind of $$$ I really want to wear it it daily. If you have this one, do you still wear it, love it or does it sit in your jewelry box as other goodies take her place??!!!! Thanks, ladies!!!
Super Contributor

Re: If You Have J292234 Sterling BT or AMY Bracelet Do You......

The original s/h was 12.97 and now it's $3. That's something, right? JR isn't my thing, although I have my own jewelry regrettus and rarely have the chance for a do over! If you do go for it, consider having a jeweler check the prongs holding the bt stones once or twice year since ss is a soft metal and you'll be wearing the bracelet daily...

Good luck with your decision! Smile

Super Contributor

Hi Waterbaby,

I had both of those bracelets and kept the amethyst. Although I loved both, they were too expensive for me to keep two and yes, the bt was a touch lighter than I wished for. I do not wear this everyday. I bought it when it first came out, and to be honest, I have worn it maybe 10 times. That being said, I never saw it as my everyday bracelet. The ice cube bracelet could take that role, and I don't wear that on a regular basis either. Then again, my charm bracelet, which is my piece de resistance, is also worn rarely because it is so precious to me and I am afraid it might explode one day! LOL!!!!!!!!! You catchin' my drift? I love them all, but if I really were to pick what my most everyday bracelet would be if I wore it every day, it would have to be the silver dew drop bracelet, (not pictured). That is a true everyday go with everything wear with anything comfortable, beautiful, interesting, lightweight, low key with pizazz piece of art. But I love my big boys, too............There's a time and a place for everything. The only problem that I have found with the amy is a "cautious clasp," that is hard to get the way it should be and usually is secured by the safety more than the click, which I need to have looked at, another reason it isn't for every day...too bulky under gloves and too sensational for work to some of the less fancy boroughs of NY, but nevertheless, it's beautiful!!! Your color is much more wearable! Looks fantastic will the sliver chrono or strap-changer watch!!!! Anyway, not on here a lot anymore, but when I am, I like to show some eye candy or make people smile......so..........

photo 9080c387-09c4-4bd2-aa3e-91c2abf91d74_zps95fd780f.jpg

bracelet photo bracelet_zpsb87e74c5.jpg

photo photo32_zps43803a74.jpg

Super Contributor

Valued Contributor

On 3/3/2015 BGDC said:

Hi Waterbaby,

I had both of those bracelets and kept the amethyst. Although I loved both, they were too expensive for me to keep two and yes, the bt was a touch lighter than I wished for. I do not wear this everyday. I bought it when it first came out, and to be honest, I have worn it maybe 10 times. That being said, I never saw it as my everyday bracelet. The ice cube bracelet could take that role, and I don't wear that on a regular basis either. Then again, my charm bracelet, which is my piece de resistance, is also worn rarely because it is so precious to me and I am afraid it might explode one day! LOL!!!!!!!!! You catchin' my drift? I love them all, but if I really were to pick what my most everyday bracelet would be if I wore it every day, it would have to be the silver dew drop bracelet, (not pictured). That is a true everyday go with everything wear with anything comfortable, beautiful, interesting, lightweight, low key with pizazz piece of art. But I love my big boys, too............There's a time and a place for everything. The only problem that I have found with the amy is a "cautious clasp," that is hard to get the way it should be and usually is secured by the safety more than the click, which I need to have looked at, another reason it isn't for every day...too bulky under gloves and too sensational for work to some of the less fancy boroughs of NY, but nevertheless, it's beautiful!!! Your color is much more wearable! Looks fantastic will the sliver chrono or strap-changer watch!!!! Anyway, not on here a lot anymore, but when I am, I like to show some eye candy or make people smile......so..........

photo 9080c387-09c4-4bd2-aa3e-91c2abf91d74_zps95fd780f.jpg

bracelet photo bracelet_zpsb87e74c5.jpg

photo photo32_zps43803a74.jpg

Well, I love all your bling!! The charm bracelet is a gasp item! Thank you for responding and the great pictures. I only have a few JR2 pieces left of my collection, just too dressy/bling for my retired self. That said, I dress everyday because I like to look finished and I've been wearing what I have left of my RLM and Southwest collections. BUT, I agree that the pale blue of these stones is very everyday wearable for me, I love my Regent watch and getting the clearance oval Black Spinel. I rarely wear anything other than a watch and my medical alert bracelet that is attached to a Ripka bracelet permanently and it feels n#ked!!! Decisions, decisions! Anyway, I like her upcoming AD bangle TSV but even with a small they move too much for me, I'd rather have one go big or go home piece. I'll let you know what I decide. Best regards!
Valued Contributor

On 3/3/2015 kathoderay said:

The original s/h was 12.97 and now it's $3. That's something, right? JR isn't my thing, although I have my own jewelry regrettus and rarely have the chance for a do over! If you do go for it, consider having a jeweler check the prongs holding the bt stones once or twice year since ss is a soft metal and you'll be wearing the bracelet daily...

Good luck with your decision! Smile

Kathoderay, thanks so much for the very good advice. If I decide to go down this rabbit hole, I'll let you know! All the best.
Valued Contributor

I don't own this bracelet, waterbaby, but vividly recall how excited you were to receive it and how you hoped it would be your signature piece. Although a stunning piece, I understand why some may find it more suitable for slightly dressier occasions. Good luck with your decision and hope all is well.

As always, thank you for the lovely photos, BGDC! They do, indeed, make me smile. Sending regards!

Valued Contributor

Hi waterbaby: I have this in the blue topaz purchased last spring and I wore it for Easter. It is a cool blue beauty and still love it. Don't wear it every day but it is there ready to go when needed.

My last JR2 purchase is ready for pick up and will do that by the end of the month so I have another new bracelet to wear for Easter.

Always decisions to make and I know you will make the best one for yourself. Stay in touch! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

DALLAS - wow, what a great memory you have! I must have made a fuss! Yes, I was excited and I've never forgotten it. I'm still trying to make the decision I will be happiest with in the long run, I don't want to return again. Thanks so much for answering.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Mother-in-Law - You MUST wear yours more often. I know it is what most would consider a "dressy" piece but I think the pale stones are subtle elegance. Heavens, we've all worn the diamond tennis bracelet and the Ice Cube and I really don't see the difference. PLUS, you only go around once and I wear all my jewelry, use good dishes and serving pieces every day, etc. Every day is a "dressy" - "special" day for me!! Thanks for all and yes, let's do better and{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} aout talking more.

AND, you ALL are just fabulous Ripkanista sisters. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Valued Contributor

waterbaby: ITA...every day is a special day and I too, as you well know, wear all my jewelry, dress up for every occasion and love every day to its fullest! Smiley Happy

Can't wait to get my new JR2 wide estate canary cuff home. The budget will allow it to be picked up by the end of the month.....YAY!!

Just ordered some new skin care products to try along with the tried and true. A new makeup brush...Christian Dior(my first from this line) and it is fabulous! Where has it been all my life? LOL

I think Judith comes back next week. Have not be able to catch her shows for awhile....anxious to see some again. Smiley Happy Keep in touch.....