Super Contributor

WHY ARE THERE SO FEW VIDEOS? SPEAK UP!

I cannot understand why there are so few videos for Judith's new jewelry. I think that the amount of videos available now is less than a third of what it used to be, and that will never help with sales. Not every one of us walks into a jewelry store and buys something in under two minutes flat. QVC, every single JR item that is aired should be available to view again by video, no if ands or buts.

I can only think that this move was made to try to discourage window shopping, while encouraging a quick buy, get it home, keep it and if not, return it at our new cheaper shipping charge because you think that impulse buying works better than considered buying. You couldn't be more wrong! Not with this group!

Judith comes in selling a flurry of items, old and new, so many that one cannot possibly watch every show. For this reason, there should be a video available to see what you missed because you were sleeping or working, or otherwise engaged.

I can list many other reasons to put videos on all JR items, at least all new ones, off the top of my head, but I would like for some of the other women to have some input here so that you really get the message.

Please consider it, and thank you.

Contributor

Re: WHY ARE THERE SO FEW VIDEOS? SPEAK UP!

The absence of videos cannot help sales, as the Q's photos, which are often drab and not really representative of the items, rarely do justice to the jewelry. If I haven't seen the item on a show (we can't ALWAYS plan our lives around Judith's visits, much tho we might like to), I'm not buying based on the photo!
Super Contributor

I have to agree with you and add when showing a piece of jewelry I want to see it close up and on someone - not just held in the fingers. I don't know how many videos I have watched lately and the host just keeps talking and talking and you never actually see the item on the model - or in the last 3 secs they do a distant shot and that's it.

Regular Contributor

One reason that there may be fewer videos is that many of the new (and older) Ripka items never got presented on the air. Or, if they did, it was just a quick remark - not really a presentation. During the last group of 3 shows, I kept wondering why they weren't presenting some more of the new items instead of reiterating over & over the wonders of that black spinel cuff w/ the multi-gemstones (which I have & love), but why keep talking about it ad nauseum when there are so many new items that were never shown at all?

Valued Contributor

I very much agree with you, BGDC! I've been unable to watch many of Judith's recent shows and always hope to have a video to access more detailed information when perusing new items. The absence of videos has prevented me from purchasing pieces which I would have likely added to my collection.

Sending my regards!

Super Contributor

I agree with what all of the above ladies have posted. Please QVC read our suggestions!!!!!

I definitely want to see a piece of jewelry on a person. In different views if possible. A still shot just doesn't help.

BGDC, thank you for posting about this issue.

Esteemed Contributor

Chiming in quickly due to arthritis pain insomnia!

They've been doing this for quite awhile now, and not just on Judith's jewelry. However, I tried this on a ring I was interested in (non-Judith): I went to YouTube, typed in the number and title of the ring -- and in this instance, I remembered Antonella was the host, so I typed in her name also -- and a video of this ring's presentation popped right up!

To this day, it's still not posting on the Q itself. The person who uploaded it on YouTube wasn't identified.

Honored Contributor

If the item is new and has never been aired, where are they supposed to get the video?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

BGDC, I'm with you and the Q needs to put videos on all the new items shown. It makes it easier to decide what to buy and see all the little details up close as well as the gemstone colors. I hope the Q reads this and will make some positive decisions about posting videos.

Honored Contributor

If they haven't been on air yet, there is no video to post! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}