Valued Contributor

REVIEWS Please post Judith Ripka February 2015 REVIEWS here... :)

A later start this month...I admit I've been having some concerns about communication with the JR companies since the XCel Brands buy-out and it is giving me doubts. Hopefully, the concerns will be resolved soon and I'll feel comfortable returning to the board and expressing faith in JR as before.

But, back to reviews! The basics of this thread are simple: review after review after review and everything Judith Ripka counts, not just JRQ products.

This includes designs from elite retailers and JR's flagship store (is the Long Island JR outlet still in service? -please share if you can confirm this---all other stores have been shuttered to my knowledge). Online JR can still be found at independent retailers and elite department store sites, as well as Ideel, Last Call, etc. Sam's Club seems to be sold out. Please share if you can confirm others.

For the Q, JR includes brand new designs, older pieces, Lunchtime Specials, TSV, OTO, Insider, "As Is," Last Clicks, clearance and Hot Picks with an inventory hovering around 1,300 J-numbers. A huge breadth of choices can be found "Over There," (major auction site with about 5K listings on average) as well as the ever popular Ripkanista-to-Ripkanista trading.

If you already have your own thread discussing recent reviews at length, please copy your single review post and add it here (to support the review after review after review idea). Much appreciated! And if you have photos, please share!

Photos are welcome! If you are reviewing a JRQ piece, please add the J-number. This will help confirm the JR design since there are so many, it is hard to keep track by simple description. Also, then we can open another window to the JRQ product page for more info./reviews by having the J-number.

Thanks so much. I really want to get back on track and am still having issues wrapping my head around what the buy-out means for the future of the JR brand since JR's own site still isn't up even though we are well into 2015, etc. Now, onto reviews! ~Peach

Frequent Contributor

Re: REVIEWS Please post Judith Ripka February 2015 REVIEWS here... :)

Hi LuckyPeach, Great to see you post. I do hope the customer service of Excel Brands will take care of your concerns and quickly resolve them. Anytime there is a transition, one only hopes that the quality and care will be there.

I received J288489 5.75 118 Facet Estate Necklace and it is a true beauty. It hangs perfectly on the neckline and sparkles like crazy. It is the perfect piece particularly to wear with a V-necklace with the sparkling rows of diamonique hanging down. This necklace has an adjustment so it can be 18" or 20". An additional adjustment to 16" or 17" would have been wonderful (it doesn't have one) as it does hang too long on me. I will "pin" it up because the piece itself is glorious. This piece has been marked down at least twice now (another markdown this week which I received a credit adjustment for), and I feel represents a real value. I am particularly fond of the estate pieces so was a winner for my small collection.

I'll review some of my Sam's Club bargains soon. Thanks so much for your diligence LuckyPeach, I hope you never lose your passion for the beautiful JR coming forward due to the brand changeover. It has been a true delight to read your posts.

Frequent Contributor

Hi Ripkanistas! Please join LuckyPeach's thread to discuss your reviews. They are so helpful.

I received J290447 Sterling & Clad (Tri-Color - sterling, rose & yellow gold) 2.95 ctw drop earring. These are about 1 1/2" long and have a beautiful presence. They are a great "bridge" earring if you love the mixed metal look. I was looking for an earring that would go with my 36" rose gold clad truffle necklace without buying a specific rose gold clad earring. These earrings also look great with the pearl system that was an earlier TSV (I have this in both the gold and silver version with the extra inserts).

The earrings are a nice weight without being too heavy. They do contain a fair amount of diamonique so are very sparkly, but not everyone likes a lot of diamonique (I love them). This earring hangs beautifully on the ear and has had a second markdown. The posts are a little lightweight but are very typical of the posts on Judith's earrings these days. I give these five stars! The video presentation is very accurate as to their look.

I'm looking forward to hearing from the rest of you!

Super Contributor

Hi LuckyPeach - hope you are doing well. I just received a ring I wanted but was wait listed for.

J320137 Three stone gemstone ring in blue topaz - The ring is beautiful -- the blue topaz is a deep blue topaz color and the stones really sparkle. The vintage/estate style of the ring is so beautiful and all the little details are what makes this ring so special. I'm so glad I waitlisted this ring.