Valued Contributor

Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka late Jan. 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Starting this one a little early since I'll be out the rest of tonight and most of the day Saturday with only a couple of check-ins before the shows start...this seems to be quite a visit with all of the new! EXCITING!

Also, I have some very good news to share. A massive weight has fallen off my shoulders. Nearly two years ago, DH and I suffered a police brutality case in our town and we (*mostly me*) have been fighting it ever since. Meetings with the PD Chief, mayor, city council, hospital administrators, lawyers, collecting witness statements...endless phone calls, letters and migraines. It has been horrible. As has been coming to light all over our country, there has been an increasing problem with militarized and untrained police targeting the public, instead of serving and protecting. But we just couldn't let the travesty stand and feel like whole persons. Finally, a couple of days ago, the last of the bills involved have been rescinded and we received the typical "non-apology" apology which is the best one can expect in our modern legal environment. I cannot overstate how happy and relieved I am. DH keeps talking about my persistence. Now that this story has an ending, I'm going to rest, have some JR retail therapy and when I feel restored, give my story to an investigative journalistic outlet.

So, Judith's visit comes at exactly the right time! Hail to our Queen!! LOL! {#emotions_dlg.wub} Here's the hours for this visit: Saturday 9-11PM Eastern Standard Time (6-8PM Pacific Standard Time); Sunday 4-6AM EST (1-3AM PST); Noon-2PM EST (9-11AM PST); 8-10PM EST (5-7PM PST).

So, it's been a while. What's up? Which JR pieces have been tickling your fancy? And how is the winter treating you? Please share! Thanks~Peach

Super Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka late Jan. 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Hi LuckyPeach. I'm glad for you & that your long ordeal has come to an end. I hope you can get some rest & do some good JR retail therapy this weekend. I have received lots of great clearance pieces over the past few months. Today I finally received a bracelet that was on waitlist for quite some time J290226 a beautiful 8" amethyst station bracelet. Its a beauty!!!

I have my eye on a couple of different rings this visit. J338613 the pave gemstone ring and J320143. I'm not sure which ring will win out. I'm not planning on ordering much this visit. I have way too many easy pays to pay off first.

We are expecting a huge snowstorm on Sunday. We could get up to 6 to 12" which is quite a lot for our area of the country. I know that some of you got lots more than that last week.

Take care everyone, Pepper22

Frequent Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka late Jan. 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Hi Peach, Pepper, and all the ladies! I've been up since 330am EST (migraine) and am trying to get my mind off of the nausea, etc. until my meds kicked in. Congrats Peach on the end of your ordeal ...perfect timing for some JR enjoyment this weekend.

I bit the bullet and bought J-284523, the Green Goddess cuff on Event Price and 6 EP's. I have wanted it since I first laid eyes on it online when it first came out, even before it ever made it on the air. Then when I saw it on air, I was really done. My birthday is in April and our 25th Anniversary is in May, so either one is a good excuse, like I need one (LOL)!

I find that the more expensive pieces that I wait for are the ones I love the most....I'd rather have one piece that "hits me", than a bunch of smaller ones. Those seem to stand the test of time and I never tire of them.

Ladies, have fun this weekend and enjoy the shows. Also, I saw a picture somewhere of a textured rolo bracelet with a heart on it that comes in 5 colors....is that possibly the TSV coming up? I think I saw it on the Delphi forum, but I'm not sure.

Kaplan. if you see this , do you have the cuff I'm getting? Is it as beautiful as it looks on air? Are you happy with it? Actually, anyone who has it....I would appreciate your comments.

And Peach, how are the pups?

Regular Contributor

Hi ghb, are you referring to J284527? (The number you posted seems off by one digit). If yes, I have that cuff and yes, it is stunning in person. You will love it, I am sure. Enjoy it and wear in the best of health!!
Super Contributor

Hi LuckyPeach and Ripkanista ladies, glad to hear the updates of the issues you have been dealing with the past couple of year and you are happy and can move forward. I'm sure it's a relief to you and your DH.

There are so many new beautiful pieces Judith is bringing this visit. I am loving the new gemstone necklaces--they are pricey so may not be able to get them right now. Love the new london blue topaz bracelets and the small gemstone earrings with charms. I did buy the ginger quartz locket enhancer when it was a LTS and I love it. I have the 36" ginger quartz station chain to wear layered.

Look forward to seeing tonight's show and possibly the one Sunday evening. Hope you enjoy the shows as well. donna

Valued Contributor

Pepper, GHB, Disneygal, Donna, thanks for hopping into this thread early! I will write real replies later today after we return. Cannot wait to write real answers to your lengthy posts!

I am mesmerized by all of the new, and on E/P, too! But so far I caved on the gold clad rolling bangles. Love that style! Later~Peach

Frequent Contributor

LuckyPeach and Ripkanistas!

Hello! It is great to hear that you have finally had a happy ending to your legal case. I know it was more than draining, but fighting the good fight helps so many others too.

I purchased J288489 118 facet diamonique estate necklace when it went on clearance about 2 weeks ago. It is lovely with V-neck tops although it hangs a little long on me (I'm 5'3" 107 pounds) so I'll have to use the pin trick. I have a weakness for the estate pieces and those that compliment the v-necks (I'm always trying to make myself look a little taller).

In addition, I was at a Sam's Club in Minnesota this week and they had the JR2 marked to about 10% of MSRP. I'm picked up earrings, a blue topaz cuff, a pair of earrings and a ring for myself and a pair of heart earrings for my granddaughter.

I will celebrate my purchases and try to be good this show as I've already spent as much as I can spend on jewelry this month.

I hope everyone enjoys the shows and writes about what they are loving. LuckyPeach, I can't wait to hear what you pick out to celebrate!

Occasional Contributor

I couldn't help myself, I got J338613, the pave heart ring in emerald. I see it is almost sold out in the emerald, glad I caved when I did. Can't wait for the shows.

Frequent Contributor

Disneygal.....yes, you are correct, it is J 284527.....sometimes, when I have a headache, I mess up numbers, etc. My apologies. I am very glad to hear that you are pleased with it....I can't wait to receive it ! Thanks for you input and enjoy the shows!
Respected Contributor

Hi ladies. I am so ready for the shows to start! So many new goodies this visit it is so hard to choose. I already preordered the Bixby TSV ring and for Valentines day DH told me to get a few pieces this visit. So much to choose from. I want to see the presentations first.