Super Contributor

Good afternoon and happy Sunday to us all.

We are in the midst of mild panic in the region as we are expecting to get a double punch of snow in the next few days. I hope the forecast is incorrect, but just in case I woke DH extra early today so he could get to the grocery shopping early.

I apologize for my lack of activity in the past few weeks. (If you want a fuller explanation see my post on BGDC's post for Me2me.) Some things are still not so wonderful, namely DS#!, but most has stabilized for the time being, except for one thing.

DS#2 is running in a special election to win PA/House 170! The former state representative is now a US Congressman, for whom is was Assistant Chief of Staff, and he has decided that he wants to take his service to our community a step further; he had to resign his job as Chief of Staff to a different representative this past Friday, which leaves him jobless. This special election is being held in six weeks, so things are in quite a tizzy around my house. A photos shoot is being held this afternoon at my house and I've my Ripka treasures in turn all lined up. Those of you who are friends on FB, already know this information. I never thought anyone I was related to would stand for election.

DTGD is absolutely fabulous. She keeps amazing me overtime I'm with her, but I suppose that happens to all grand parents. Last week she informed me that she doesn't really like so much that every Wednesday is pizza night; she likes my regular dinners better. Ha!

Off to straighten up before the photos are taken.

Make it a great week.

Super Contributor

Hi Kaplan, I've been missing your YO posts. I'm sad to know that your DS#1 is having bad health issues yet. Bless his heart.... I so wish things could be different for him.

How exciting.....elections, politics & your DS#2!! I hope things go well for him!!!

Grandchildren are indeed very special. I know my 4 are. And now, I'm going to be a young great-grandma!!!!

I've heard on the news & weather channel that your area is due for a major snowstorm. We got about 4 inches today. Now its cold & blowing. Kids are on a 2 hr delay for school tomorrow. Hubby thinks they will cancel school.

((hugs & take care))), Pepper22

Contributor

kaplan-you are truly amazing-only the best for you and your family...young lady....be well

Frequent Contributor

Kappy - So good to see your "YO!" I get worried when you are so quiet. Prayers to DS#1 for some comfort, and more prayers to DS#2 for luck with his election! No prayers needed for DTGD! She is a huge Blessing all by herself! She just spreads joy wherever she goes! Looks like you'll be cooking on Wednesday nights too for a while!

Honored Contributor
Love yuz Kappy! Thanks for the update.....life and family and life and family....busy busy!
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G