Super Contributor

I don't have any of Judith's rings, and am breathless over J290232 -- 12+ carat emerald cut estate ring. It's a honker!!

I've gotten a couple of Epiphany rings recently in size 6 (my size forever) and both were too small. Yes, I realize it's probably because I'm a whole lot bigger these days, but I was surprised that I couldn't get them on my right hand. Left hand okay, but I wanted to wear them on the right.

So, my question to you JR experts, do her rings run true to DMQ sizing, or do hers run a little larger (or smaller).

Thank you for your guidance. And do any of you own this? If so, do you love it? :-)

Super Contributor

Re: Question about ring sizing

Hi MarenSeattle, welcome to the world of Judith Ripka jewelry!! I'm going to give you kind of a generic answer. Most of her rings fit true to size. A few run small & a few run big. I don't have the ring you are eyeing, but my guess is it runs true to size. A few that I know run small are her all big pave ring.

I hope this helps. And I hope someone else will answer your question also/

Take care!

Honored Contributor

I have one of the JR changeable stone rings from years ago, and I almost never wear t because it's a very small size 7. I too have worn size 7 rings since I was in HS. The ring is beautifully made, but because of the intricate design INSIDE it, I've never tried to have it sized.
Super Contributor

I had few rings from Judith (probably around 5 from qvc) and all of them fit smaller than the stated size. In addition all her rings I had were so wide, they were uncomfortable to wear. I returned/ sell most of them, and I still have one because it costed like 35 dollars 5 years ago, and it just does not make sense to sell it. Plus I like it. I tried her HE line, and it was the same story. Her rings run smaller. I can't put her earrings on, she make it so small for the closure. And my ears are pretty small. I am really surprised at all the sizing issues, since Judith is not a small woman size wise. I like a lot of her styles, but simply stopped buying it because of sizing.

Super Contributor

Thank you all so much!!

And your responses reminded me that some reviews stated that since this ring is "open" underneath as opposed to many of hers which have a finished, designed undercarriage (I can't think of the word I want) that it doesn't run as snug.

I'll go back and go through the reviews again to see if anyone specifically mentions that it runs a little larger than most. I've just become so used to these boards that when I read reviews I'm reaching for the keyboard to ask a question. :-)

I DID ask the question on the product page, but no response yet (as opposed to here!).

So thanks again. And as with anything, all I can do is try and if it doesn't fit, swap it, right?

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon/early evening, MarenSeattle. If I might add my two cents, as someone who owns more than a few Ripka rings, and as a ring lover, in particular, I find that Judith's rings run true to size almost 100% of the time. The only time I had to order up one size was for the Deco Estate ring which is wide on top and wide on the bottom as well. For her rings that taper to a much smaller band width on the underside, I find her rings fit perfectly in my usual size. The ring you covet (and it is a wow, of a ring) will fit true to size, and as you noted, it will give you a little bit of extra room on the underside of the diamonique stone.

I hope you enjoy wearing it. It is spectacular.

Honored Contributor

Here's the rule of thumb I use on all QVC rings. I go between two sizes. If its wide band or has a finished under gallery, I order the larger of the sizes. If its a large gem and open in the back, I order the smaller size. That keeps heavy rings in particular from spinning.

Honored Contributor

One thing a serious jewelry collector should have is a ring mandrel so you can for certain see what size your ring is. You can get plastic ones a jewelry supply sources for under $10.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Go with your regular size. All of Judith's rings runs big. I know I have several of her rings. Have to say this ring is pretty, but I bet you will be disappointed because the stone is so large I bet it will look like glass when you see it. That's my honest opinion.

Super Contributor

And thanks to the second wave of respondants!

I'm not sure if it's just because I've gained weight (and boy, have I) or if my knuckles have swollen with age (or whatever they do) that caused the size 6 DMQ rings to be too small. They both have the finished galleries and are band rings.

You bring up good points about smaller if it's open and especially with a heavy stone so it doesn't flop around. I'll go try on some of my similar rings and see how they fit my finger -- if it was me or the DMQ rings.

BlingQueen ~ I've been hankering for a jumbola emerald cut since about the mid-80's when I was a picture (posed) of Carole Lombard sporting a ring of about this size. I know what you mean about emerald cuts maybe looking like glass, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway to get over this obsession. :-)

~~UPDATE~~

I just went to look at it one last time before heading to bed and noticed it's on 5 Easy Pays. I swear it wasn't just moments ago (or I didn't notice). I took it as a sign that I was meant to get this as a Christmas present for myself -- and EP expires today, so... I got my "regular" size and we'll see how that goes. I'll report back.

I can't tell you how helpful you've all been! Merry Christmas!