Valued Contributor

Let's Discuss: Judith Ripka early December 2014 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

So nice to be back in the swing of things and sorry I missed this thread for the prior visit. I was just too sad over the loss of my Yorkie, Paris II ("Pootie") to Kennel Cough, brought in by a newly rescued Yorkie from our local shelter. She became very ill, but Pootie just couldn't survive it. All dogs were vaccinated, by the way...hmmm. Here in SoCal we are looking at a second storm of the season which is supposed to be much worse. Hope not as nothing is built here to handle it, nor does the terrain do well, either, especially after wildfires have stripped the mountains (hello, mudslides). It all is supposed to start Thursday. Rain here = streets become rivers and relentless Monsoons. A big shout-out to those Ripkanistas in other parts of the country dealing with snow and cold.

So much fun, we surely need some JR!! Here's the schedule: Thursday Eastern Standard Time: Midnight-2AM (Wednesday 9-11PM, Pacific Standard Time); 3-5AM EST (Midnight-2AM PST); 11AM-Noon EST (8-9AM PST); 3-4PM EST (Noon-1PM PST).

So, how's everyone doing? Please share what is happening with you as well as which JR tickles your fancy. Thanks~Peach

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's Discuss: Judith Ripka early December 2014 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Ripkanistas: who is getting the TSV? I *might* already be E/P'd into oblivion so am just thinking about it at this point. ~Peach

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's Discuss: Judith Ripka early December 2014 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Hi Peach,

Be careful with that weather! We have a friend in San Francisco -- they've closed the schools, her entire company is working from home, etc. Stay safe my friend!

I like the TSV but I'm afraid the 8 inch "fit" -- which is supposedly only 7 3/4 long -- won't cut it. Plus, like you, I'd like to take a step back from the land of easy pay. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Frequent Contributor

Hi Peach! I fell asleep during the TSV presentation, but I DVR'd everything and watched it this morning. I loved the glitter ball necklace Beth had on and the gigantic peridot bracelet for $4000.00 plus!!! What good taste I have (LOL) Hopefully, I'll find something a little more reasonable. take care during all that rain in CA ...we've been seeing it on the news. Here in South Florida, we are having lovely "cooler" weather in the 40's at night and it was 60 all day yesterday....I rode around with the sunroof open. Love it! Hope you are feeling better....enjoy the shows.
Honored Contributor

As usual, too much DMQ for me...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

On 12/10/2014 Sammycat1 said:

Hi Peach,

Be careful with that weather! We have a friend in San Francisco -- they've closed the schools, her entire company is working from home, etc. Stay safe my friend!

I like the TSV but I'm afraid the 8 inch "fit" -- which is supposedly only 7 3/4 long -- won't cut it. Plus, like you, I'd like to take a step back from the land of easy pay. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

{{Sammycat1}}, I'll be thinking of your friend because SF is supposed to really get slammed. That's great that her company is having everyone work at home.

Now the storm is supposed to hit us after midnight tonight, so I probably won't sleep much. Thanks for your kind concern.

I like the TSV, too, but hear you on the fit issues. Yeah, on the E/P...all those little "As Is" and clearance goodies that had been building up on my wishlist for a very long time...well, when everything went on E/P, let's just say I did a little housecleaning! I gasped when I checked it all yesterday. I need to be good for the next couple of months...at least!! Take care and thanks for posting!~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 12/11/2014 ghb said: Hi Peach! I fell asleep during the TSV presentation, but I DVR'd everything and watched it this morning. I loved the glitter ball necklace Beth had on and the gigantic peridot bracelet for $4000.00 plus!!! What good taste I have (LOL) Hopefully, I'll find something a little more reasonable. take care during all that rain in CA ...we've been seeing it on the news. Here in South Florida, we are having lovely "cooler" weather in the 40's at night and it was 60 all day yesterday....I rode around with the sunroof open. Love it! Hope you are feeling better....enjoy the shows.

ghb, hello!! Isn't it funny that cooler weather in SoCal and Florida is 60s daytime/40s nighttime? Back in Illinois when it would hit those temps in May or so, you'd see kids walking around shirtless and driving very fast in convertibles with the top down because it was a heatwave!! It was like getting out of prison after six months plus of weather he l l.

Beth's glitterball necklace is so pretty! Isn't she the nicest person? Is there anything you decided on?

Take care and thanks for the sweet post! ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 12/11/2014 stevieb said:

As usual, too much DMQ for me...

Hello StevieB~ I agree that sometimes it can get over the top. But, with an inventory of more than 3K J-numbers, there's plenty of DMQ-free choices to be had. Thank-you for your post. ~Peach

Frequent Contributor

Hey Peach! Our local news always shows us Floridians "bundled up" during our "cold snaps" , while they show the snowbirds visiting us laughing at us and wearing shorts and sandals on South Beach and swimming in the ocean! My Dad was in the military, so we lived in a few places, but mostly in the South. However, we had. 3 year stint in Germany where it was often cold and wet. I think I had strep throat every other month while we were there. Beth seems so warm and lovely and I love her sense of style....so far, I've been good....I ordered the green quartz drop earrings that came in 5 colors from the 11am show....item J-27718, but the night is young! ( I finished all my holiday shopping very early this year, so it could be dangerous)
Frequent Contributor

Hi Lucky Peach and fellow Ripkanistas! I am enjoying the show tonight on my laptop. My budget says I must refrain from new purchases. I did get the 14K gold clad inserts on clearance (they arrived this week) for my pearl system and they are great. Enjoy your purchases ladies!