Contributor

Reached my limit-seahorse pin

I have continued to sort through JR stuff and find a few things that were mostly real as she released more and more diamonique designs. This is over the top. There is a sapphire eye and pearl charm and they are selling this as multi-gemstone? The sad thing is it will probably sell out so QVC will continue to bring this sort of item. I love the design but can't really believe the price for stones that aren't real for the most part and a pin that is less than 2 inches. Sorry, you just lost me as a customer.

http://www.qvc.com/Judith-Ripka-Sterling-Multi-Gemstone-Cultured-Pearl-Sea-Horse-Pin.product.J29521...

Respected Contributor

Re: Reached my limit-seahorse pin

Nickchat, why don't you put in a request for an all gem version of this seahorse? Maybe Judith will make one using chrome diopside, and blue and white topaz stones, or perhaps she'll make one in the pink/purple range using amethyst, rose quartz, and rhodolite garnet?Judith did mention she was planning a sea life collection on air a while back.

I think the size of the seahorse pin mentioned in the online description is incorrect. There is no way that the pearl drop is 1" in length, while the overall pin size is only 1 3/8". The pearl is allegedly a 12 mm pearl, and it would make sense for the pearl drop to be a full 1" long, so, perhaps the pin is actually 2 3/8" long? We will have to wait and see.

Contributor

On 12/10/2014 Jersey Born said:

Nickchat, why don't you put in a request for an all gem version of this seahorse? Maybe Judith will make one using chrome diopside, and blue and white topaz stones, or perhaps she'll make one in the pink/purple range using amethyst, rose quartz, and rhodolite garnet?Judith did mention she was planning a sea life collection on air a while back.

I think the size of the seahorse pin mentioned in the online description is incorrect. There is no way that the pearl drop is 1" in length, while the overall pin size is only 1 3/8". The pearl is allegedly a 12 mm pearl, and it would make sense for the pearl drop to be a full 1" long, so, perhaps the pin is actually 2 3/8" long? We will have to wait and see.

Great idea to ask for a real multi-gemstone version. I love it. Thanks! I will be interested to see the scale on TV.

Honored Contributor

Wow, that price is crazy! I've always thought her pieces were too expensive, especially since they're diamonique.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau