Super Contributor

Good evening and happy Tuesday to us all.

After a 60 plus day yesterday, we're experiencing freezing rain and icy conditions.

I've been AWOL for several weeks now. There has been so much going on in my life right now that I was too sad to communicate with you, I guess since the last show. It has been a very stressful time.

DS#1 is not doing well after his 6th hip replacement surgeries, the second this year. His hip dislocated and all that could be done was to put in a new hip. He is severely handicapped by a huge, cumbersome brace which he must wear this time around, probably for several months. It is so inflexible that he is unable to sit anywhere nor get into ANY vehicle to make doctor appointments.

A beloved elderly aunt decided to go into hospice after a diagnosis of colon cancer, even though her surgeon recommended surgery. After several weeks of visiting her in hospice, she was asked to leave because she was not likely to die anytime soon. She has all her wits about her, save hearing loss and balance issues. It was very difficult visiting her almost daily, hold animated conversations with her, yet knowing that hospice was her wish. She is now back in long term care in her community and we hope that she will fight the big C.

I have been fighting my DTGD's cold which she lent to me for the past two weeks. I finally was well enough to return to the gym today and receive some stress reduction via yoga.

DH still has pulmonary issues unresolved. He returns to the doctor this month of additional testing.

I miss being here, but there are only so many hours in the day. I try and see the glass half full...with ice and an adult beverage added. Smiley Happy

Belated Thanksgiving wishes to everyone.

Make it a great week!

Frequent Contributor

Kaplan 206, so sorry to hear of your and your families troubles, sounds like you have more than a plate full to deal with. Remember to take a little time for yourself each day, and remember "this too shall pass". Will be thinking of you.

Frequent Contributor

Kappy, so glad to see a "YO!" I did a double take when I saw it, then again, when I realized it was Tuesday! So sorry to read about your family's woes! DS#1's brace reminded me of when my DS#1 broke his hip when he was just seven years old. He had a bicycle accident, and ended up in a full body cast. There was a bar between the legs, at knee level, that allowed him to be picked up, one arm under his torso, and the other holding the bar. We would slide him in the back of my fathers old Toyota wagon, with the rear seat folded down, and off we'd go to Drs. appts. or whatever. Keep in mind you may be able to utilize a private ambulance service, using a "gig", stretcher to transport him to appts. Hang in there! Remember God doesn't give you more than you can handle, he really must trust you!

Regular Contributor
So sorry to hear all this. Thinking of you! Keep those ""adult"" half glass beverages coming! Take care
Super Contributor

Kaplan, so sorry to hear about all the health issues you and your family are dealing with. It is very stressful. Keep your spirits up to get through these challenging days. Wishing you all the best. donna

Contributor

Dear Kaplan, You and your family will be in my prayers for a blessed new year filled with good health and happiness. I enjoy reading your yo posts and your enthusiastic Ripka posts. Hope you have the time to enjoy the Ripka shows next week, it always brightens my day to see all of the lovely new pieces.

Contributor

Glad to see you here, Kaplan, with your half-full adult beverage. You have a lot on your plate, but you also have many fans and supporters.

Wishing you all the best of health and happiness!