Valued Contributor

Was there a Ripkanista luncheon that we missed?

On Judith's most recent blog she has posted a pic....several faces I recognize from past Ripkanista gatherings. Was this recent pic from a luncheon that flew under the radar.

I heard no chatter about it so I am surprised. Are they still happening or was this a one last time thing.

Happy to see that so many attended....ahhhh...the memories! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Re: Was there a Ripkanista luncheon that we missed?

Motherinlaw- guess nobody is telling....

I always enjoyed reading the stories Judeye and Kaplan shared with us about their adventures!

moongirl

Valued Contributor

There was chatter about the luncheons for years and with the pics they took and shared, everyone felt like they were right there.

It was on Judith's blog that she mentioned the luncheon with a new pic outside a different building that I did not recognize from past luncheons and then during the show today, she mentioned a luncheon in just the past few weeks.

Must be a good reason why the girls did not want to share the experience this time. Still looks like fun. It was on my bucket list so I feel sad that this is one thing I will have to let go.

Nice to hear that you enjoyed the stories too, moongirl. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I am not on these boards as much, but there is a FB page where a luncheon is being planned! Ask to join the Judith Ripka Lovers page. Hope you can get to one!

Frequent Contributor

Hi motherinlaw, We were advised to no longer speak about this subject. I hope that you do not think that you are being ignored. Take care, JOJO100
Valued Contributor

Hi JOJO: I am sorry to hear that the luncheons can no longer be discussed on this forum. It was such fun to hear about!

Just curious as to why all of a sudden it is a negative topic when Judith mentioned it on air herself. It is confusing.

Visaqueen: Good to hear from you! I get info from Judith on my FB page but do not know how to ""sign up"" for the JR Lovers page. This must be different from the Delphi Forum? Thanks for the heads up. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Thanks JoJo for taking the time to explain. I know at one point , the ladies felt like there was not a big enough place for all who wanted to attend these luncheons. Each year it got bigger. Also, some feelings were hurt because not everybody got invited as it grew bigger . It seems when this started happening, the luncheon was only known to the original people who planned and attended the luncheon .

I think if Motherinlaw had been part of the new fb group she would of seen the invitation extended to the holiday event in Nov., where Judith herself invited all of the fb Ripka Lovers .

Of course, this event is not the same as the luncheon started back a few years ago. I just have seen Motherinlaw's nic on the Ripka forum for a long time and felt like she deserved an answer. I know these luncheons have developed into some great friendships and you may feel like it is just the right size. There is nothing wrong with that!

I am one who would love to hear a recap of the adventures! Those were some great stories. I remember Johanna Bishop's story of not telling her family where she was going when she went to one of the luncheons. When she got back home she told her family... and am sure they thought she was crazy, going to NYC to meet a bunch of Ripkanistas she had never met before! Liked how Judeye and Kaplan raced to see who got home first and wrote the first story of that day's adventures!

I miss all the fun and stories and thank you Jo Jo...

moongirl