Contributor

Authentic?? Judith Ripka ring question, please help!

Hi everyone!

I just bought a beautiful ring on e bay because it was stated that it is from Judith Ripka and I couldnt believe the price (under 100 dlls) . It has a large green stone, 4 heart 14k gold prongs and it is sterling silver. I received the ring today and it is stunning but I dont see the JR stamp anywhere. It is stamped 925 14k thailand.... Anyone knows if all Judith Ripka pieces have her initials? Can this be the real deal even if it doesnt?

I just want to be sure that it is a Judith Ripka original.

Thanks everyone!

Honored Contributor

Re: Authentic?? Judith Ripka ring question, please help!

I think you can take comfort in the fact its from Thailand. That's where she makes her stuff. I only have a few of her rings, I'll go check and see if they are marked. === I can only lay my hands on two, both say 925 Thailand and have her name written in caps. JUDITH RIPKA. One of these is from her first year at QVC and the other is 2 1/2 years old. I can't find anything more current, although I know they are here somewhere. I'm sure someone will recognize your description.

Contributor

Thank you depglass, it is really beautiful. I contacted the person that sold it to me and she told me that she received this ring as a gift in a Judith Ripka box. Is it permitted to post photos here in the forum? So that I can show you the ring?

Honored Contributor

Yes, you can post photos, then you will know for sure. Some people on here know every piece she ever made.

Contributor

Ok, as soon as I get home I will! I think that I will keep it even if it is not hers because I love it so much!

Super Contributor

Just fyi, her JR2 pieces, which usually have 18k gold accents are stamped with 925 and 18k. Also, sometimes she uses a horse shoe mark with her JR2 stamp. Her JR2 pieces are made in the USA and are not stamped Thailand. I am aware of only one JR QVC item that was made with 14k gold (not gold overlay/plated) That piece was marked both with 925 and 14k and Thailand. Maybe our resident JR historian njgirl might know which piece this might be! Please do post a picture!!

Super Contributor

And I should add, if you paid a good price and you love it, you made a great purchase!

Trusted Contributor

Is this it?

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Contributor

Yes newjerseygirl, that is the ring I got! Did you sell it to me? LOL! I really love it!
Contributor

Thank you smarty, the ring is the one in the pictures newjerseygirl posted, stunning! It looks even better in person, and larger!