Regular Contributor

WHAT HAPPENED TO LOLA'S POST ABOUT JR ON EBAY?

I was just getting into the discussion & would have loved to hear from some of you ladies about your take on JR on ebay. And this morning, the post is GONE. Does anyone know why this whole post was poofed?

Super Contributor

Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO LOLA'S POST ABOUT JR ON EBAY?

Glitter Puss

Just wanted to tell you I enjoyed your post on Lola's thread. Don't know where it went.

moongirl

Honored Contributor

i dont know, but that listing is very misleading.......the seller is calling them pearls, but when someone posted the item from qvc (which was from a very long time ago because it only had 4 digits in the number) it says "simulated pearls". i was trying to figure out if this was from her couture collection or JR2....it also has gold on the clasps where the one posted yesterday was all silver.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

The bracelet went for $585.

I think it was the bracelet from QVC.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

well, whoever bought it may not know that they are faux pearls instead of real pearls!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

We aren't told why a post is deleted, and guessing is useless. Obviously, it was against community standards.

Frequent Contributor

J0036

Super Contributor

From what I surmise, the seller was a pawn shop; their other items listed were used power tools, etc. The buyer had two eBay transactions, and the other bidder just got into a bidding frenzy and jacked the price up. Yes, they are simulated pearls, yes, they paid 3-4 times the original price, so I'm sure the seller is delighted and that the buyer is as well.

Lola
Honored Contributor

On 10/17/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:

From what I surmise, the seller was a pawn shop; their other items listed were used power tools, etc. The buyer had two eBay transactions, and the other bidder just got into a bidding frenzy and jacked the price up. Yes, they are simulated pearls, yes, they paid 3-4 times the original price, so I'm sure the seller is delighted and that the buyer is as well.

well, i would not be so sure about the buyer.....especially since the listing did NOT say faux pearls!i am positive that the seller is THRILLED.

just curious as to what that item originally sold for? i saw the listing on qvc (without the gold), but didnt see a version with the gold clad feature (or is it just the lighting that makes it look like it has some gold clad?).

Super Contributor

On 10/18/2014 sunshine45 said:
On 10/17/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:

well, i would not be so sure about the buyer.....especially since the listing did NOT say faux pearls!i am positive that the seller is THRILLED.

just curious as to what that item originally sold for? i saw the listing on qvc (without the gold), but didnt see a version with the gold clad feature (or is it just the lighting that makes it look like it has some gold clad?).

As Smarty said, this is a well-known-to-Ripkanistas iconic piece that was even nicknamed when Samantha wore it to Miranda's mother's funeral on an episode of $ ex and the City. It comes up for auction so rarely, if you know the bracelet and you know you want it, you [might] pay whatever it takes to win it. I would be very surprised those two bidders would go that high based on a first sighting, with the item photographed on a post office mailer.

I think you are mistaking a reflection from the lighting for gold -- there was no gold on the bracelet.

I thought I had noted the original price, but looked and could not find it. I remember not buying the bracelet at the time because I thought the price was high -- maybe around $200 or a bit less? Those were the "good old days", weren't they?

Lola