Valued Contributor

Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka October 2014 visit--what are you getting/interested in?...:)

How is everyone doing? Here in SoCal it is near 100 degrees again, though I've barely noticed because our three Yorkies are down with Kennel Cough (and worse) so that means little sleep for about a week now. We got the newest one, a black and gold girl, about 10 days ago from the local shelter and she gave it to the other two, especially bad for our four-pound male, another rescue who already has an immune disease. He won't eat due to the coughing and has to be fed totally by eye dropper, which he isn't thrilled with. Also, added to the sadness about the sudden loss of dear Joan Rivers (who got me started with Yorkies in the first place), is the shocking closing of another Q icon, Kirks Folly. I went on both of their Q cruises and am reeling over their surprising closing of the business after 35 years. They will be sorely missed!

Thank goodness we can count on Judith and another retail therapy visit!

Here's the lowdown for this visit: Friday: Midnight-2AM, Eastern Standard Time (Thursday 9-11PM, Pacific Standard Time; 3-5AM EST (Midnight-2AM PST); 10AM-Noon EST (7-9AM PST); 3-5PM EST (Noon-2PM PST). Saturday: 3-5PM EST (Noon-2PM PST); 7-9PM EST (4-6PM PST).

Loads of new and TSV, so it promises to be quite the visit. Please post what is happening with you and which JR tickles your fancy. Let's get chatting! Thanks~Peach

Trusted Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka October 2014 visit--what are you getting/interested in?...:)

Hi Peach!!

Before the shows have started I have bought and received...

AND ordered today........

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka October 2014 visit--what are you getting/interested in?...:)

Oneanddone, hubba, hubba! What did you think of them? Nice picks!! And if you have a moment, please click back through my posts and add your reviews to the October all review thread!

Thanks for adding the photos to your post, too.

You know, I recently received the sterling bangle version of your round 118-facet DMQ rose cuff and find that design to be pretty spectacular. I wore it today to the orthodontist's office (yes, I have braces...again) and it was sparkling like crazy. I was mesmerized and it took my mind off the pain of having my wires cranked even tighter across my teeth. In the sunlight, it is AMAZING!

Hope all is well with you and take care~Peach

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Peach!!

I LOVE both cuffs! They are just pure class and just stunning!!

I will definitely post!!

I want the silver and the yellow in the round diamonique cuff, but it's in the wish list for now, I am VERY happy with my rose, and you're right...it sparkles like crazy!!

In sunlight and in dim light...that beauty SHINES!!!

I LOVE the comfort of them. I sleep in these! I'm not one to sleep in jewelry, but I can sleep in both cuffs.

Best of luck with your braces sweetie!

Think of it this way, pain now, gain later!! The payoff is coming!!

It will be worth it when the braces are off...hang in there!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Valued Contributor

On 10/9/2014 Oneanddone said:

Thanks Peach!!

I LOVE both cuffs! They are just pure class and just stunning!!

I will definitely post!!

I want the silver and the yellow in the round diamonique cuff, but it's in the wish list for now, I am VERY happy with my rose, and you're right...it sparkles like crazy!!

In sunlight and in dim light...that beauty SHINES!!!

I LOVE the comfort of them. I sleep in these! I'm not one to sleep in jewelry, but I can sleep in both cuffs.

Best of luck with your braces sweetie!

Think of it this way, pain now, gain later!! The payoff is coming!!

It will be worth it when the braces are off...hang in there!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Oneanddone, isn't the sparkle of the 118 facet something to behold? Thanks for the support on the braces. I had them in my 30s for three years and they changed my life--no more closed-mouth smiles. I dutifully wore the night time retainer for a decade but no one said I had to do that forever--thought I was good. Then my bottom teeth started to shift back to their old position and a molar I lost as a child...well, I finally realized that open space had to have an implant to support all of the nearby teeth. So, a bone transplant later and braces for a year and now my bite is much better feeling. Next comes the implant and braces off in 4-5 months. Cannot wait. Sorry for the TMI, but I encourage all those over 40 to take the plunge rather than thinking they are past doing something. Thanks again for your sweet post! ~Peach

Valued Contributor

Ripkanistas: who is getting the TSV? It really looks like JR is revisiting the classics.

What does everyone think of the new magnetic faux leather pieces? I wonder if all the old magnetic enhancers will fit? That's my big question as I still live for and use my magnetic leather necklaces and all of the enhancers regularly. ~Peach

Valued Contributor

Also, did you hear that Lisa Robertson is leaving in December after 20 years with the Q? First JR sells parts of her business, then Joan tragically passes, then Kirks Folly is closing shop and now Lisa is leaving. I remember when she was starting out and on in the middle of the night. She was so funny! Wow, I cannot believe this... ~Peach

Frequent Contributor

Good Morning, It is quite quiet on the forum this a.m. Where is everyone? LuckyPeach, I am sorry to hear of your precious doggies struggle with kennel cough. We are animal lovers and you are so kind to adopt from the shelter. We have been supporters of our shelters, too. I pray that this bout is over soon - it sounds like with the tiny size of the Yorkies it is a much tougher battle. One of our cat rescues (12 1/2 years old) got sick a couple of weeks ago and the battle was quickly lost. He was a "world class" cat (very dog like), and I doubt we'll ever see a personality so unique. It was about a year ago we lost our beloved rescued lab. It was an expensive veterinarian year (slightly over $10,000). We are scaling down on the measures we go to with the dear pets .... don't mind spending on things we have a chance of solving, but the 2 times we spent lots of dollars we lost the battle anyway....

I miss seeing Joan on t.v. I started with a few pieces of her jewelry years ago and also collected some of her enamel boxes. I just loved watching her on t.v. It was fun tuning into fashion police once in awhile too. Kirks Folly was so fun - sad to see them go. I bet those cruises were wonderful! I will miss Lisa on QVC - I enjoyed watching her on the jewelry shows and P.M. Style. I am not good with change : (

Oneanddone, I love your selections -- they are beauties. I had the first cuff, but it arrived missing a stone and arrived following one of our big vet expenses so I returned it without reordering. I should really reconsider now that it is on clearance!

I ordered the interchangeable earrings in gold clad and sterling silver which go with the link pearl system necklaces which were a previous TSV. I hope I like the size because I often go for a little bigger earring. I also picked a limited quantity 36" verona necklace which should arrive today (I'll post a review). I have to be done as I've spent too much (Christmas is coming). I would love the new silver wheat chain magnetic necklace because I adore this look. I have the magnetic heart necklace from the TSV many years ago and wear it all the time.

What is everyone else getting or wishing for? Enjoy the shows!

Respected Contributor

I think I am going to break down and get the 14k gold clad pearl system to wear with my 18k pieces. I have been wanting it for a while, and I think the price is about as low as it will go. By the way, I am watching a bit of this 10:00 a.m. show, and it is so nice to see PJD freed of the other capacity in which I usually glimpse her, as some other host's whipping girl. She is doing a great job.

Respected Contributor

OK, and now I have seen that the extra watch band for the oval faced watch is marked down fifty percent so I "must" get that, too.

It is getting to the point that it is crazy to buy anything Ripka when it first comes out, even as a TSV!