Valued Contributor

J293703...Ripka Amethyst cuff....

This cuff is on easy pay now and I was watching the video. When the cuffs hang on display, sometimes it gives a good indication of how much the sizes differ from one another. Seems like sometimes there is much difference between them and sometimes....not so much.

I found this very interesting. The only "small" cuff that I have ordered from Judith since the sizing went to small,average and large when it was only average and large, is the MOP skinny cuff. That small fits perfect....any other small I have tried has pinched me upon closing the cuff on my wrist....just too small. The averages have been added to slightly so they don't fit like the old ones used to but when a decision has to be made, I error on the side of slightly larger than too small and pinching.

Just wanted to share this. I will look more closely in the future when the cuffs are hanging on the display to see how much they differ in actual size.

Super Contributor

Re: J293703...Ripka Amethyst cuff....

That is interesting to know. I think it is a beautiful cuff!

moongirl

Regular Contributor

motherinlaw I agree with you about the sizing on cuffs. I never actually measured my wrist but the average size cuffs are too big and the small size is a tad too snug. I don't have the same issue with the ones that I have purchased in the JR boutique. They fit me better. Of course there is usually only one size.

I recently purchased J288318 the rhodolite and diamonique line bracelet in the average size. I had a feeling it would be too long at 7 1/2 inches and I was right. But my jeweler was able to remove 1/2 inch bringing it down to a 7 inch. He also tightened the lock for me. The piece is lovely.

Valued Contributor

I have found the same thing to be true. The cuffs from the boutique or JR2 fit me perfectly....must be a size 7 inch cuff.

So I do error on the tad bigger size cuff....can't stand anything too tight. Wish the sizing was the way it used to be but that ship has sailed I guess.

Super Contributor

Keep in mind that the shape of the cuff has a lot to do with fit as well as the size. Some of her cuffs are more oval, others more round. I find that her JR2 cuffs are more consistently oval than round (except for round bangles of course!).

Valued Contributor

That has got to be the reason why my JR2 cuffs always fit perfectly! Good to know.

Trusted Contributor

MIL,....Thx for including the item #, it drives me nuts when I have to go searching.......my complaint with this cuff is, when it comes down to the different sizes, I think that each size should have it's own price. If I wrap my mind around the small in J293703 of which I love, you know the large should be more expensive than the small. If we were talking a $50 bucks item, who cares but you know the costs are different. That stops me from buying so many times when it comes to the more expensive items. I wish the powers that be would price each size accordingly. It's only fair. Ok, that's my rant and I'll get off my soap box again. and by the way, I'd love the ring to match. What a beautiful set. Smiley Wink)
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY