Valued Contributor

REVIEWS: Please post Judith Ripka October 2014 REVIEWS here... :)

Sorry to be starting this one a few days late this month...it has been very, very tough the past few weeks: first the shock of Joan Rivers early passing (and how it occurred), then the stunning and sudden closing of another beloved Q vendor since the 1990s, Kirks Folly (I went on both of their cruises and received an order just last week), and losing sleep for past week due to our three Yorkies coming down with "Kennel Cough/canine flu." I honestly thought two of them might not make it but they both seem to be turning the corner over the past 24 hours.

So, thank goodness our own Queen, JR, is hanging in there! The premise of this thread is simple: REVIEW AFTER REVIEW AFTER REVIEW.

And not just JRQ items (new designs, older pieces, clearance, TSV, OTO, Insider, Lunchtime Specials, Last Clicks and "As Is"). EVERYTHING JUDITH RIPKA COUNTS! So, if you have found a design at Judith's boutiques, JudithRipka dot com, Sawgrass outlet (everything can be done online with friendly SAs, if you cannot get to Florida), and elite department stores. Also independent jewelers and websites (just google), as well as RuLaLa, Gilt, Bluefly, Sam's Club (not much left anymore), Last Call. Plus the most popular: Over There (major auction site with currently about 5K JR listings) and Ripkanista-to-Ripkanista trading.

If you are reviewing a JRQ piece, please include the Q's J-number (with nearly 1,300 JRQ designs, it has become nearly impossible to keep up with only a word description). Photos are welcome! And if you already have a thread dedicated to a single piece, please copy your single review post here. Thanks so much for your patience! ~Peach

Valued Contributor

Re: REVIEWS: Please post Judith Ripka October 2014 REVIEWS here... :)

Will be back some time the next couple days with mini-reviews of many of the "As Is" and Last Clicks pieces...I seem to own most of them, lol. Also, a couple of Judith's big as life designs will be reviewed with the idea that Joan would've loved and worn them, therefore, a dedication to her. ~Peach

Valued Contributor

REVIEW: J295566 1 1/4" wide Mother of Pearl cuff with Diamonique inlay

GRADE: A+

YEA: A real timeless stunner

BOO: pricey

VALUE (1=low;10=high): 8

Classy and classic, this bold cuff is one for the ages

If you've been waiting to invest in a bold, wear-with-everything JR cuff, this is one to consider.

Oval and pear-shaped slices of white rainbow-reflecting Mother of Pearl are held with floating rope bezels in seven squared and rectangled boxes for an airy appeal. Randomly-inlaid Diamonique stones (2.0 carats total weight) on the MOP slices for a scattered effect, as well as 33 round separate DMQ bezel-set stones connected by the roping complete the elegant, yet organic look.

Gram weight is exactly what is expected at this higher price point and the strong hinge supporting the whopping 1 1/4" width is supplanted with a panel of rich-looking slant Berge roping. Undergallery is built around the MOP slices with a nice depth for protection of the stones and design.

Major yes for this gorgeous piece and I'm dedicating this review to Joan Rivers who I feel sure would love it, even up above in style heaven! ~Peach

Valued Contributor

Ripkanistas: Anyone with review(s) to share? I'll be back with a bunch of mini-reviews based upon the Last Clicks and ""As Is."" Thanks in advance~Peach

Super Contributor

Your cuff sounds gorgeous and so very tempting!

Super Contributor

My new ring is here...I purchased the OTO ring J295486 and it is GORGEOUS!! The berge on the split shanks is quite delicate, creating a matte finish to the silver. The four heart shaped prongs are touched with the smallest dmq so as to add a air of refinement to a casual color ring. The turq color is magnificent. The stone on top of the doublet does not have the usual doubling effect that is present in quartz. I'd have to check on what it being used, but suspect it is synthetic blue quartz? The stone seems to cast a darker blue "halo" around the edges for a gorgeous look. This is a little slice of summer for my fall finger! It is spectacular, especially for $89.

Regular Contributor

I received the TSV in blue topaz. Very nice. I wish I would have ordered the citrine as well. Very well made and I love them. I enjoyed all of her shows this time. Pieces were great. I had a hard time holding myself back but I got a miniature schnauzer pup that weekend and my attention needed to go to her. Anna Rose is her name and she is a wonderful. Love her and love Judith's new pieces this time.

Honored Contributor

I just received the JR Sterling Estate Station Necklace and I love it, an added bonus is that it was on clearance.

Respected Contributor

Just received the TSV in Citrine. Nice! I hope QVC and Ripka offers stand alone gemstones for these earrings. This set is great for traveling.

Super Contributor

Your QUEEN ??????? You have got to be kidding ......

This is the United States Of America. There is NO Royalty here, ANYWHERE.