Regular Contributor

Since JR has been sold, do you think the products will be as good?

I just read about this on the thread and checked the internet. I am so glad that I have so many of Judith's earlier pieces. They are still my favorites even though I still buy a piece here and there from her line. I think even though she is still the head designer, something about it seems sad to me. But that is life. I just wonder if the product will change. What do you ladies think?

Honored Contributor

Re: Since JR has been sold, do you think the products will be as good?

Yes, I think it will change. Someone else's business model will take over. You may agree with it and you may not.

Regular Contributor

I agree with you depglass, totally.

Honored Contributor

It will change. There won't be comparison like the way Joan would just say what it resembles. It never mattered to me who originally made what (my lifestyle couldn't be more different) but I enjoyed her honesty.

I'm so sick of the fake, fake stuff.

It will definitely be of lesser quality. We've seen it happen here over and over. Philosophy is one example. I've always bought Amazing Grace from QVC.

Once it was sold it wasn't the same. Enough said.

Trusted Contributor

The quality has already gone down, and i think it will continue to change.

Regular Contributor

I have always loved Judith Ripka's pieces but I hope they will not go down with the sale of her company. I have been able to tell that her pieces are not like they use to be for some time even before her sale. But I think the products have changed with the prices of silver over the past few years. I am so glad that I have her earlier pieces.

Valued Contributor

Trying to pick up pieces that were in inventory by the end of Winter/early Spring before the company was sold.

Feel confident these will still have the Judith touch but anything going forward now, I will be more watchful of. Time moves on.....

Trusted Contributor

I was surprised to read that the company that purchased JR also bought Isaac Mizrahi and Liz Claiborne New York. I don't think those brands have suffered, but jewelry is a different specialty. If anything, prices need to be more realistic to appeal to more people. Hopefully this will be a change for the better, to allow Judith to rid herself of the daily decisions of manufacturing, marketing and distribution, and focus on design.
Honored Contributor

On 9/13/2014 GoodStuff said:

The quality has already gone down, and i think it will continue to change.

ITA.

The quality has gone down for quite a while now.

I have a lot of the earlier (pre-diamonique) pieces. I'm glad I bought when I did.

Even if I'm tempted, I'll never get a Ripka OR a Dooney TSV again. They scrimp terribly on the quality and the quality control of those pieces.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not sure how the sale will affect the quality.

Only time will tell.

But I do love my Ripka pieces I have received and wear. Judith's jewelry is all I wear.

I love her style and always have.

As far as what the future holds, it's a wait and see.

I'll wait, I'll see, and then I'll decide.

In the meantime, I'm very happy with what I own and wear. Smile