Valued Contributor

Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mini Sept. 2014 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Sorry to be a bit late starting this thread. Too much personal stuff going on and then the underlying sadness over the loss of dear Joan Rivers. Sometimes you don't realize just how much effect someone has had on your life and you take them for granted because they've always been there. With Joan it was so many decades ago since her early appearances on Johnny Carson, her pal Spike giving me the goal of getting my own Yorkie when I was able (we have two darlings right now that are just like our kids), the hilarious Q years with Kathy Levine, E network...her fabulous eggs, animals and bees...and my huge collection of Joan jackets which fit like a tailor made them. The saddest part is that it didn't have to happen.

Anyway, for going on 20 years now, there have been TWO fabulous JRs and today it is lovely again to see our dear Judith, if only for a mini visit. The show hours were/are: 4-6AM Eastern Standard Time (1-3AM Pacific Standard Time); 10AM-Noon EST (7-9AM PST) and 8-9PM EST (5-6PM PST).

So let's catch up and chat. What is happening with you, what are you interested in and finally, what have you caved on? To quote a famous, much-loved treasure... CAN WE TALK? Thanks~Peach

Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mini Sept. 2014 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Hi Lucky Peach,

Not much going on here on the boards today. September is always a busy month around here, guess that is true for others as well. I ordered the new opal 3 stone ring, I love the colors in it, and I ordered the new big heart pendant with the turquoise, which I think is too expensive but the easy pays got me as usual. I also back ordered the monaco watch in the black, it is so pretty, I hope I get it. There are a lot of tempting offers with the clearance prices and the easy pays. Looking forward to watching the show tonight.

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mini Sept. 2014 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

On 9/12/2014 DINOBABY said:

Hi Lucky Peach,

Not much going on here on the boards today. September is always a busy month around here, guess that is true for others as well. I ordered the new opal 3 stone ring, I love the colors in it, and I ordered the new big heart pendant with the turquoise, which I think is too expensive but the easy pays got me as usual. I also back ordered the monaco watch in the black, it is so pretty, I hope I get it. There are a lot of tempting offers with the clearance prices and the easy pays. Looking forward to watching the show tonight.

DinoBaby, thanks for your reply. I agree that this is a very busy time of year. This visit is so close to the last one and most of the shows are during times when many of us are doing other stuff. I watch only online but with our lousy internet, I have to choose to either post or watch, since the live show always poops out after five minutes if I try to do both. Very frustrating! I see that Pat is on at night with Judith. Is that a new thing? She's been on in the morning, it seems like forever. She works well with Judith. JR seems to be on top of her game tonight! This helps since I've had a very tough day and many of those over the past few weeks!

Congrats on the new large Turquoise heart pendant. I totally get the E/Ps hooking you. I am working on a long list of them right now!! Also, that's great about the black Monaco watch and if you put it on waitlist, that usually seems to work out 99% of the time, so your odds are excellent. Those Opal colors in the new three-stone ring are lovely--you made some nice picks! Don't forget to review when you receive!

I am already in so much trouble, but today I did cave on J293258, the 1 3/4" X 7/8" DMQ pave cross enhancer in silver--those 2 E/Ps did the trick, lol! Another reviewer said this enhancer really dressed up the interchangeable pearl necklace set, making it a totally new look, so I am game to try that. Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

Ripkanistas who are Joan Rivers fans: I read today that the head of the outpatient endoscopy clinic where Joan had her treatment has left. I also read elsewhere that instead of just performing the endoscopy and rescheduling further treatment for a growth they found on Joan's vocal cords in a hospital, the physician decided to do a biopsy then and there. It was reported that this caused her breathing problems and then a heart attack followed. So sad. ~Peach

Valued Contributor

Has anyone gotten the OTO DMQ burnished/carved cuff? Or the DMQ burnished doorknocker earrings? I passed on the cuff due to the hinge being on the outside of the cuff, though as always, JR's designs are the best. ~Peach

Frequent Contributor

Hi LuckyPeach and DinoBaby,

I totally missed the mini visit but did want to chime in after-the-fact. LuckyPeach, the cross is lovely - it looks like it is rich with sparkle. DinoBaby, I hope you get your backordered/waitlisted monaco watch. I'll be looking forward to your reviews on the items you ordered. Easy pay sure does make things more tempting and easier!

I promised myself to only have one easy pay item on my account at a time after I paid them off a bit ago. Needless to say, that didn't work for me! I received a card for 2 easy pays on request and have already ordered another item. I selected the set of 2 sterling links for the pearl system. They seem a bit over-priced, and that I may be better off just ordering a second necklace in sterling (I now have both the clad necklace and sterling versions). My curiosity has the best of me though, and I took the plunge (on easy pay) to see if I love them. I also would have been better off ordering them after QVC does the lengthened return period (I think that is October 1 isn't it?). I'm thinking if QVC has restocked these links that they likely will special price them later.

LuckyPeach, I share your sentiments on Joan Rivers. I miss her. I found her very enjoyable to watch and looked forward to when she was on. I have some of Joan's miniature enamel boxes, a few of her torsades and a couple of her charm necklaces. She lived with such passion. You are fortunate that you have some of her clothing line. The pieces were very stylish and upscale looking. Some of the jackets reminded me of Chanel.

My 15 month old grandson is batting at the keyboard so I will sign off. I look forward to seeing Judith in October. LuckyPeach, I hope the stressors in your life subside. You deserve only the best.