Super Contributor

CAN'T BELIEVE THE HOST SAID THAT !!

I had left the TV on overnight, and went to my Keurig to make a cup of coffee. My TV was still on from an early evening show. While waiting for my coffee to be made, I saw the show host Stacey, doing a Judith Ripka show. Judith's assistance, the blonde with the big glasses was on with Stacey. (It was a clearance show evidently, although the prices were still very steep for my pocketbook.) After discussing what a good "deal" the reduced price was on a nice pair of earrings, Stacey said, " Come on people, call in and buy this stuff, it's a good deal. It's just left-over stuff that nobody wants."

I thought Judith's assistant was going to fall out of the chair, by the look on her face !! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Sorry, I have no item number to look at a video. I was busy with my coffee and some things temporarily in my kitchen before returning to my cozy chair in my upstairs library.

Did any of you hear her make that comment ?????

I almost spewed my coffee all over my kitchen myself !! I couldn't believ Stacey said that

as I've never heard a show host make any remark like that, especially not in front of a vendor or representative. If this lady tells Judith, I'll bet Stacey won't be hosting any more of her shows again !!! Look out now! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Valued Contributor

Re: CAN'T BELIEVE THE HOST SAID THAT !!

I started to watch it, but I just can't take Stacey..

That's how we roll in the shire..
Respected Contributor

I wish I had $1 for every stupid thing I have ever heard a show host say. I would be rich I tell ya, rich! Smile

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

Yeah, I'm speechless lol!!!
Valued Contributor

What a hoot! I'm sure as the words are coming out, the hosts wish they could stop! But, she spoke the truth. The JRQ inventory has gotten out of control. The clearance prices indicate how much mark up there is and has just turned me off. I remember when we begged for a few clearance pieces and now things are discounted after just a few months. It pays to wait if you really want something. I believe they are cleaning house of a lot of JR so they can bring in the jewelry/accessories that have been designed in the direction the new company XCEL wants to go. It should be an interesting ride!
Honored Contributor

Thought I was familiar with all the hosts, but who is Stacey? Is she new?

Trusted Contributor

I don't even know where to begin: idiotic, unprofessional, tacky, lazy, insulting...take your pick.
Super Contributor

I thought she said it's NOT leftover stuff.....
Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 expatgal said: I thought she said it's NOT leftover stuff.....

That's what I thought she said too.

Respected Contributor

I heard a home shopping network host years ago say something similar about buying customer returns.