Valued Contributor

REVIEWS Please post Judith Ripka September 2014 REVIEWS here... :)

A bit late this month, sorry, too much drama going on here in the San Gabriel Valley, both at home, work and politics. Sad, too, about the other JR: Joan Rivers. Am hoping this will be a better month for energy levels to add at least one review daily. Top me, please!!!

Ripkanistas: once again, the premise of this thread is simple, REVIEW AFTER REVIEW AFTER REVIEW. And EVERYTHING JUDITH RIPKA COUNTS, not just JRQ designs. But if you are reviewing JRQ, this means new "stuff," older designs, Lunchtime Specials, clearance, "As Is" and Last Clicks, Event Price, Insider, Limited Quantity, OTO and TSV.

If you already have a thread discussing a single piece, please copy your single review post here.

Other Judith Ripka designs for review include Judith's boutiques, JudithRipka dot com, her Sawgrass Outlet (friendly SAs can help do everything via the internet with photos), elite department stores and their websites, independent jewelers and their sites. Also RuLaLa, Bluefly, Ideel (formerly Ideeli) and Gilt. Plus Last Call and Sam's Club. Finally, and probably most popular, is Over There (major auction site) with more than 5,000 choices currently and finally, Ripkanista-to-Ripkanista trading.

If you find something awesome with blends well with your JR, please add it, too.

PHOTOS ARE WELCOME. When reviewing JRQ designs, please add the J-number! With inventory levels always hovering around 1,300, it is nearly impossible to be sure which treasure is being reviewed. This also helps Ripkanistas so a second window can be opened to the Q's product page.

Let's have a great September. Please step out of the lurker habit box and share your experiences with JR, both fabulous and not-so. We're interested in hearing about Q packaging and service, too. Best wishes and thanks~Peach

Contributor

Re: REVIEWS Please post Judith Ripka September 2014 REVIEWS here... :)

Hi, Peach - I, too, am sad yet wishing the best for Joan Rivers. She has made so many of us laugh for decades.

I love green and definitely have a soft spot for JR's Green Goddess pieces. The newest GG ring arrived and is gorgeous, as are my other GG pieces.

I had high hopes for the TSV turquoise cuff, but it missed the mark IMHO. I had taken note of the dimensions and was prepared for a very slender cuff; however, I wasn't prepared for the extremely tiny turquoise end caps. The bracelet itself was beautifully made and had a nice weight for the narrow size, and the color of the turquoise was lovely. Unfortunately, the end caps were even smaller than the width (and definitely thickness) of the silver. Even on my extra-small wrists, my husband declared that the thin bits of turquoise looked like "tiny blue teeth."

I am sad to return the cuff, but am very happy with the GG ring and eagerly await the arrival of a couple more pieces, including the smoky quartz cuff.

To be continued......

Respected Contributor

I send Joan Rivers my prayers and positive thoughts for her full recovery. I will miss her on Fashion Police and her appearances on QVC. I had the pleasure of seeing her in person at Wolf Trap in Virginia about 30 years ago. I am sure I missed half of her jokes as I was laughing so hard. The rest of her audience equally enjoyed her.

I purchased the j292249 36" barrel necklace in sterling silver when it was the One Time Only. I love this necklace. It is a real beauty. The large stations as well as the smaller stations are intricately carved.

Now the TSV cuff J318018! I knew it was a smaller cuff based on the photo's, but not this small. I have been purchasing Ripka cuffs and other styles of Ripka bracelets and watches in small for the whole 18 years Ripka has been on QVC. The bracelet is beautifully carved and the turquoise is lovely. It looks like a baby bracelet. QVC and Ripka skimped on this bracelet. I also am sad to return the cuff. I am eagerly awaiting myj297001 verona rondel bracelet, also in small. I am hoping I will love the bracelet in person as I do in photo's and live presentation. I also ordered the j269939 silver chrono watch due to event pricing and EZ pays. I know I will love the chrono watch as I already own the gold and rose gold chronograph.

I will repost when I receive the J297001 Verona Sterling bracelet in small.

Honored Contributor

i have not bought any JR in a while because i am looking for non-diamonique pieces, with real stones or just silver, at affordable/reasonable prices. i have not seen a lot of that lately, but i DID pick up the interchangeable cultured pearl system at $198 thanks to those who pointed this out. i took the chance. it was definitely worth it.

it just arrived today and i am really liking it! love how some of the links come off so you can play around with it to make different looks and lengths. i am so interested in the add on pieces now, but only if they get marked down more! hopefully someone will send an alert if they see them marked down. if they had been marked down last week i may have bought one. the pearls on the necklace look nice and matched, and they are not stiff at all.....they already have that broken in feel.

it is now listed at $217......i would never have paid the full amount or even the TSV amount, but it was a very nice versatile piece for under $200.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Hi LuckyPeach, I am saddened now by Joan Rivers passing. She was a remarkable lady. Sad for her daughter and grandson.

I ordered and received the following and they are keepers for sure:

J296231- TSV SB cuff and love it. The SB turquoise is a beautiful blue and love the berge texturing on the cuff. The SB turquoise is definitely not large and I would say it's more towards small. Ordered my usual size small and the fit is just right. I plan to stack this cuff with other bracelets. Have been wearing it a lot and stacked with my turquoise Monaco soft link bracelet.

J290763 - Monaco watch in navy blue. Love this watch. It fits on my small wrist. Love the MOP face and blue stones around the face.

J296082 - Blue Topaz inside-out hoop earrings. They are a lovely deep blue topaz (but not LBT). I love them and they have a nice presence. Will wear with many of my pieces of blue topaz.

Hope you are doing better and feeling well. Thanks for starting this. Take care! donna

Frequent Contributor

LUCKYPEACH: Yesterday evening I received J269939, the beautiful and stunning rose chrono watch {#emotions_dlg.tt1}{#emotions_dlg.tt1} ! It is a beauty. I already own one in silver and just had to have the rose one. I love it as much as my silver one, which I adore. I got the small and it fits perfect, I have a 6 inch wrist. The bracelet portion closes and opens perfectly. Everything about it is perfect. I got it when the price went down a bit. It goes great with my silver items too. I highly recommend this piece.

Respected Contributor

I received today the J297001 Sterling Silver Verona Rondel bracelet. It is a beauty! Substantive with 4 rondels covered circular fashion in diamonique. This bracelet is very well done and gorgeous. Highly recommend.

Super Contributor

I received the clearance priced oval stainless steel bracelet watch with the removable and interchangeable straps today. (J288032) I fell for this one when it was a TSV but thought it was too pricey for me at the time. So glad that I waited! I own the chrono in white metal and the watch faces are about the same size but because of the oval shape it appears a bit smaller. The metal band is a little thinner on the oval watch than on the chrono and the overall look of this watch is more feminine looking (IMO). I will probably wear the metal bracelet and the two leather straps most, I am not a fan of the zebra band but it might grow with me over time. This was my only purchase this visit but I was so happy that I got in before it sold out. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Hi LuckyPeach!

How have you been lately? I hope you are doing well.

Many prayers to Joan's daughter, Melissa and grandson, Cooper and to all her friends! I do believe...Joan is roasting God right now! Lol!

I confess. I may have purchased a little too much this time, but I got some really great deals!

Let me start off with the very lovely and pretty dragonfly pin J-293247. I'm not sure if I will keep it? I may return it because I don't feel like it is worth $100.00. To a pin collector, they may not mind paying this amount of money for a pin. Again, it is very pretty.

I also ordered the Verona ring in silver J-296985 and the Verona hoop earrings J-296991 in silver. Both beautiful and sparkly. I love how comfortable the ring and earrings are. The earrings are virtually weightless! I purchased them in the pierced.

I then ordered the Monaco watch in sapphire blue J-290763! WOW! Even better in person....I at first thought it would be too over the top, but it's not. It's gorgeous!

Last, but not least from Judith's show's.....the Pearl System in silver J-290467......LOVE!!

There is one good reason why you should order this system if you have been sitting on the fence.....wondering.....The pearls are free!

Most of Judith's bracelets are $200.00 and up. With this system you can link together one of the prettiest textured linked bracelets to wear everyday! You may or may not wear the pearls everyday, but you will have a beautiful pearl necklace when you need it!

That is why I say....stop sitting on the fence and order this if you can! I love this system...you can even link one of the pearl strands a couple of times around your wrist to make a bracelet...if you want that. Seriously, this is better than sliced bread!

Three other things and I am done....

Two LTS's....J-290461 36" chalcedony bead station chain....very nice! J-288320 Aventurine drop earrings....beautiful and lightweight......

One "As Is" J-296508....GC GG ring....absolutely STUNNING! Nothing wrong with it at all. I just didn't get a JR box, but I'm okay with that. I have too many JR boxes as it is! LOL!

I am expecting the gold chrono watch but I haven't received it yet....That's it I'm done! I will be sitting on my hands Sept. 12th, or at least my DH will! LOL!

Everyone enjoy all your Ripka beauties in the best of life and health!

Super Contributor

It was a long week with with Joan s condition constantly on my mind. I refused to believe all the speculation that she wouldn't make it ... Like so very many I now feel as I've lost a close friend- never ever has the passing of a ""public figure"" brought me to tears . Maybe - just at the right time my Love cuff arrived today (j294478) which I got at a OTO price. It is even more magnificent as it appears in the video -although a bold piece - it has a ""couture"" fineness about it and the small fits my tiny wrist perfectly. Thank you to Kaplan for her review -which helped (enabled ) me to purchase. It is glorious.