Super Contributor

Who Owns Ripka's Yellow Goldtone Chronograph Watch?

I was thinking about ordering, but I have a few questions about the watch before I do.

How is the gold tone holding up....any wear or tarnishing? How often do you wear yours?

How close does it come to Judith's gold clad jewelry....does it blend in nicely together?

Thank you bunches!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Who Owns Ripka's Yellow Goldtone Chronograph Watch?

The gold tone is holding up perfectly. It is not wearing or tarnishing in any spots. It works perfectly with all the other gold Ripka - 18K or 14K plated. It looks real, and I was as thrilled with the purchase way back when, as I am today. It is a wonderful watch, but it has a higher profile (by that I mean its height up from your wrist), and it is heavier than her other watches, so you need to be aware of those two things.

Hope you love it as much as I (and many others) do, Me2Me.

Super Contributor

JerseyBorn, Good Morning!

I did order this chronograph watch in silver when it was a TSV, but I returned it because within two weeks it stopped working. I didn't know if it was the battery or a defect? I did have all the dials on and some people say that can drain a battery quick, but 2 weeks...I believe mine had a defect.....

Anyway, I am awaiting the arrival of my blue Monaco and since I am mainly a watch person, more than bracelets.....I figured I'd take advantage of this ez pay before it's gone!

One quick question....How often have you had to replace your battery?

Super Contributor

On 9/1/2014 Me2Me said:

JerseyBorn, Good Morning!

I did order this chronograph watch in silver when it was a TSV, but I returned it because within two weeks it stopped working. I didn't know if it was the battery or a defect? I did have all the dials on and some people say that can drain a battery quick, but 2 weeks...I believe mine had a defect.....

Anyway, I am awaiting the arrival of my blue Monaco and since I am mainly a watch person, more than bracelets.....I figured I'd take advantage of this ez pay before it's gone!

One quick question....How often have you had to replace your battery?

Thank you for all your help Jersey Born. I placed my order for it and now I can't wait to get it!

Respected Contributor

Hi, Me2Me. I just noticed your response with your question. I have not yet had to replace the battery for my chrono watches. If I think I will not be wearing one of them for a while, I pull out the stem so I do not drain the battery unnecessarily. I wear my silver Regent watch the most often. But as the fall is approaching, I will likely switch over to the Chronos very soon.

Super Contributor

I've had it for about a year. I love it and wear it mostly in the winter. it has held up well and has not tarnished or rubbed off. When I am not wearing it I either keep it in the box in came in or in a silver-safe jewelry box and I pull the stem out to save on the batter - good tip from Joan Rivers. I love that it fits my wrist (small) just right without turning or falling over my knuckle. A like a watch to stay put.

Respected Contributor

I have owned the gold chronograph watch since it was the TSV. I love it. It goes beautifullu with my other real 14Kt and 18kt gold jewelry. Other than the gold chronograph I do not own any other Ripka gold clad as I prefer her silver jewelry. I do not wear the watch every day, but I love it.

Contributor

I have the silver Chrono and wear it nearly every day. It became my favorite from the moment I received it when it was first shown. I have not had to replace my battery yet. HTH!

Super Contributor

On 9/1/2014 Jersey Born said:

Hi, Me2Me. I just noticed your response with your question. I have not yet had to replace the battery for my chrono watches. If I think I will not be wearing one of them for a while, I pull out the stem so I do not drain the battery unnecessarily. I wear my silver Regent watch the most often. But as the fall is approaching, I will likely switch over to the Chronos very soon.

Thank you Jersey Born! I will make sure I pull the stem out when I am not wearing it....great idea!

Super Contributor

On 9/1/2014 darcy3 said:

I've had it for about a year. I love it and wear it mostly in the winter. it has held up well and has not tarnished or rubbed off. When I am not wearing it I either keep it in the box in came in or in a silver-safe jewelry box and I pull the stem out to save on the batter - good tip from Joan Rivers. I love that it fits my wrist (small) just right without turning or falling over my knuckle. A like a watch to stay put.

Thank you for your reply Darcy! I to have a silver-safe keeper box that I can put my watch in and I will start pulling the stem out.

I didn't know that Joan Rivers gave that tip. What a sweet and funny lady! I hope she pulls through and makes a speedy recovery....I can't believe she is on life support...prays for Joan!