Super Contributor

Which watch is better made? Monaco or chrono or the same?

I have a small wrist so I was wondering if the Chrono would be too large? It seems to be made very well and I don't have a gold watch. The Monaco seems smaller. I like the blue, but I am afraid it may be too glitzy. For those that have it, your opinion would be appreciated.
Respected Contributor

Re: Which watch is better made? Monaco or chrono or the same?

I have a small wrist also and I own the gold as well as rose gold chrono. I love them both. The chrono is a large watch - much larger than the Monaco. I love my chrono's. I originally purchased the Monaco when it was the TSV in black. It was lovely and not glitzy. It does not have a deployment clasp and dressier than the chrono. I ended up returning it - not because I did not like it. Largely I just felt how many Ripka watches do I need. I also own the sterling sundial, both black and white ceramics, and square face silver in white with wide band. I also just like a deployment clasp. You will not go wrong with either style. It comes down to personal taste.

Super Contributor

Culebra, Thank you for your advice. I really wanted a gold watch ( with all the watches I have) but I have another watch which is as large and I realize a smaller watch is more comfortable on my wrist. So I have ordered the blue Monaco and with my blue doublet ring , it will look great. Thanks again.
Respected Contributor

gem lover, Enjoy your Monaco watch. You will think it is beautiful when you receive the watch.

Frequent Contributor

GEM LOVER: I own the Chrono in silver and just LOOOOOOOVE it {#emotions_dlg.tt1}{#emotions_dlg.tt1} ! I love it so much, I recently ordered it in the pink gold (the price went down a bit) and am waiting for it to arrive. I also have a small wrist and I do love the larger size of the watch face, yet is is very comfortable on my wrist. People always comment how stunning it is, even strangers. The Monoaco is a stunner too. Get one of each!

Trusted Contributor

Gem Lover I went back and forth on both watches too because I am not a fan of bling and always debate a fashion watch/quality. Anyway, I decided to get the monaco home to see and then selected one of the chronos on advance ship so it doesn't even come until Nov. It was a way to space them out yet give a chance to see them both first hand. I also have a small wrist so size/comfort is always a concern. I do have the Ripka silicone watch and like it very much

Hope you enjoy the watch...please post when you receive it!!