Contributor

Remember earlier in the week when some could not get an order through?

From a Wen discussion, and also the Fan page:

Heads Up WEN ladies. Either QVC was hacked when they were down, or their customer database is hosed. I had an e-mail confirmation this morning for an order totaling well over $2,000!! It was a bill to/ship to a different address. Given the items ordered, I'm guessing hacked. Keep and eye on your account, and if you don't have it set to e-mail you order confirmations, do it now!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the heads up about this situation.

I am sure you contacted CS.

Respected Contributor

There is another post from 8/29 posted by Buck-I-Nana in Viewpoints about the same thing happening to her.

This is serious. Obviously something occurred, her situation was same as yours, it involved a bill to ship to order. She contacted Corporate.

Trusted Contributor

I feel bad for anyone who has this happen to them.

I do not keep a credit card on file here.

Esteemed Contributor

Two days ago I tried to use the Forum and I got a message on my computer that if I continued I would be taken to a site not associated with QVC. I decided not to chance it and I waited it out for a day. My computer warned me something was not right. The main site also gave an QVC error message for a few hours about being down.

I do believe they were compromised. I just checked my accounts and order status and think I am okay. But I wish the Q would be honest and tell us what was going on if anything.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, bonnielu, I agree with you.

Valued Contributor

I wasn't able to get on the site at all. I kept getting a site was unavailable error screen on the home page and was asked to come back later. I called QVC CS and was told the site was down for maintenance. I said "in the middle of the day?". I was told yes, and tried again later and it was Ok. I think they were hacked too, and CS service was told not to say so!

Contributor

Need to clarify that it did not happen to me. I was just sharing the info here because a lot of us are shopping here this weekend!

Super Contributor

It's difficult not to keep cc info on the site with EZ pays. Is that even possible?

Respected Contributor
On 8/30/2014 expatgal said:

It's difficult not to keep cc info on the site with EZ pays. Is that even possible?

No, you have to keep the card on there, or it's a mess.