Valued Contributor

LET'S DISCUSS: Judith Ripka August 2014 visit- what are you getting/interested in?... :)

I have to admit I'm not "ready" for this visit. Too much has been happening in the real world resulting in major stress (and a very painful back spasm I wouldn't wish on anyone). I think many of us can do without too much drama...it just gets old. Suffice it to say that I fended off some carpetbaggers who were trying to profit off of one of DH's scientific inventions he worked on for nine years.

So, don't you think that should result in a little Judith Ripka treat? {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Here's the basics of this visit: Thursday Midnight-2AM Eastern Standard Time (Wednesday 9-11PM Pacific Standard Time); 3-5AM EST (Thursday Midnight-2AM PST); 10AM-Noon EST (7AM-9AM PST); 2-4PM EST (11AM-1PM PST); Saturday 3-5PM EST (Noon-2PM PST); 8-10PM EST (5-7PM PST).

Wonder what happened to Friday? Oh, well, plenty of time for Ripkanistas to ponder, shop and discuss. Please let us know (if so inclined) what is happening in your life, too. Thanks~Peach

Valued Contributor

Re: LET'S DISCUSS: Judith Ripka August 2014 visit- what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Am so curious...who is thinking of getting (or getting) the Turquoise TSV 1/4" skinny cuff? Numbers are J296231 (sterling), J296232 (clad)?

I do love the TSV look but have to admit I already caved on the AWESOME pricing for the interchangeable set (my second for sterling), J290467. I wanted to have more of the separate open links and increase the versatility. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the interchangeable pearl sets! When it comes to Judith's pearls, I am sooooo weak.

Still, am very excited to see the TSV demo! ~Peach

Super Contributor

Re: LET'S DISCUSS: Judith Ripka August 2014 visit- what are you getting/interested in?... :)

HI Lucky Peach. I'm sorry to read about your back spasms. Those are indeed very painful. (I've had them on & off all this week).

I finally ordered J290467 again. I originally purchased this when it was the TSV. I had ordered so much that visit that I sent it back. When it was at a great price more recent I ordered & then cancelled it. I had already ordered my limit. So now I'm ordering it again.

I also received the dragon pin & the silver & pearl cuff.

I hope we all enjoy this visit. And I also wonder why no Friday shows. I see where Carolyn Pollack and Barbara Bixby are on Friday.

Take care!

Super Contributor

Hi LuckyPeach, sorry to hear about your back spasms and pain you are having. Anyway, its nice to hear from you in your post. I'm getting the TSV in silver -- I love turquoise and I want to stack it with other cuffs. Are you planning to order one of them or anything else you've seen? Hope you enjoy whatever Judith's shows you watch. I only watched the presentation of the TSV. Will try to catch one of the shows during the day on my iPad. Take care and have a wonderful day. donna

Frequent Contributor

Hi LuckyPeach and Ripkanistas,

LuckyPeach, I'm so sorry to hear of the back spasms and stress and was hoping this summer would find a reprieve of that for you. Things are quieter here and DTGD is getting ready for preschool so I will have a lot more free time. I personally think age 3 is young to send the little tikes off, but I'm sure it will be good for her. I'll still have my grandson, age 1, several days a week but he is much more "mellow" in personality than the little girl.

Those event prices are killing me! I purchased J290468 (interchangeable necklace in clad) although now I'm wondering if I should have picked the sterling (which I did purchase as the TSV and have enjoyed) to add to my options with it. I also picked up the 36" truffle bead necklace (J282679) in rose gold clad (my only piece of rose gold clad so I'll likely "need" earrings and a cuff eventually).

Enjoy the shows!

Super Contributor

Hi LuckyPeach!

I am so sorry that you are having bad back spasms. You definitely need a JR pick me up or two. What are you loving?

I picked up the interchangeable necklace system in silver J-290467. I was interested in the chocolate chrono, but I don't like the white mop on it. I wish that they had put a pink mop on the face. I think it would have been richer and lovelier in color. Sorry to sound so picky. I just don't know why that white mop makes me not happy?

LuckyPeach, I hope you are feeling better real soon! Take care!

Valued Contributor

On 8/27/2014 Pepper22 said:

HI Lucky Peach. I'm sorry to read about your back spasms. Those are indeed very painful. (I've had them on & off all this week).

I finally ordered J290467 again. I originally purchased this when it was the TSV. I had ordered so much that visit that I sent it back. When it was at a great price more recent I ordered & then cancelled it. I had already ordered my limit. So now I'm ordering it again.

I also received the dragon pin & the silver & pearl cuff.

I hope we all enjoy this visit. And I also wonder why no Friday shows. I see where Carolyn Pollack and Barbara Bixby are on Friday.

Take care!

Hello Pepper, the pearl interchangeable system is definitely one of Judith's greatest hits and it seems to really have worked out for you because this new third price is absolutely perfect!! Good for you! I cannot believe I've paid three different prices but now will be done with two clad sets and two sterling sets. I also have a green Chalcedony clad bead insert set and clad link insert set. Won't get any more with the system until JR adjusts the price fairly. Hope you enjoy yours!

Yeah, what's the deal with back spasms? The little ultrasound machine did wonders again and after about 4-5 treatments, things are getting back to normal. Very sorry to hear that you get these, too. My philosophy is that when persons like us have one or two auto-immune challenges, and that is our lot in life, then that should be IT!! No more!! How are you doing at this point? Have you healed, yet? Am thinking about you....

Congrats on the Dragonfly pin and pearl cuff--both winners...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I've decided that since there are no Friday shows and I'm back in the swing of things, then I can start updating the all review thread.

Thanks for posting and hope you enjoy this visit... Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 8/28/2014 donnaluby said:

Hi LuckyPeach, sorry to hear about your back spasms and pain you are having. Anyway, its nice to hear from you in your post. I'm getting the TSV in silver -- I love turquoise and I want to stack it with other cuffs. Are you planning to order one of them or anything else you've seen? Hope you enjoy whatever Judith's shows you watch. I only watched the presentation of the TSV. Will try to catch one of the shows during the day on my iPad. Take care and have a wonderful day. donna

Yo Donnaluby!! Thank-you for the support as always. The little ultrasound machine I mentioned last visit came in handy and seems to be working.

Congrats on the TSV Turquoise cuff in silver. I've been so bad lately and am still on the fence. It is very nice, though. Am thinking, thinking, thinking about that new large MOP cuff with the DMQ insets with 5 E/Ps. I so wish someone would post a review on it. That's a big decision for me.

Hope you enjoy the shows and come back and post with whatever else you are interested in or deciding on. How has life been treating you? Anything of import happening?

Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 8/28/2014 littleone2 said:

Hi LuckyPeach and Ripkanistas,

LuckyPeach, I'm so sorry to hear of the back spasms and stress and was hoping this summer would find a reprieve of that for you. Things are quieter here and DTGD is getting ready for preschool so I will have a lot more free time. I personally think age 3 is young to send the little tikes off, but I'm sure it will be good for her. I'll still have my grandson, age 1, several days a week but he is much more "mellow" in personality than the little girl.

Those event prices are killing me! I purchased J290468 (interchangeable necklace in clad) although now I'm wondering if I should have picked the sterling (which I did purchase as the TSV and have enjoyed) to add to my options with it. I also picked up the 36" truffle bead necklace (J282679) in rose gold clad (my only piece of rose gold clad so I'll likely "need" earrings and a cuff eventually).

Enjoy the shows!

Hi Littleone!! I love hearing your updates. I can only imagine that the kids require a bit of energy but are so enjoyable to have around at the same time. Age three does seem young but I guess research has shown pre-school really gives kids a leg-up long-term. I went to kindergarten at age four and still have clear memories. Do you remember the rugs for napping on? Did you have those? That was an early fashion choice as I recall, LOL. How's Minnesota weather? DH has an uncle who is very ill in Duluth. Thanks for the support on the health/stress stuff. Am so sick of it. I had to step up when I saw some people were taking advantage which is doubly difficult when you're the girl and the rest are males. At least they finally listened to me and are changing course. How's things going for you? I remember you had something going on.

ITA about the event pricing! I had planned on mostly sitting this one out, LOL! I totally understand about the interchangeables. I now will be set with two of each. I love them so much that sometimes we will be out (at a movie, for instance) and during watching the film will entirely change how I had the pearls/links set up! The link bracelet will end up re-attached to the pearls and one of the pearl lengths will end up wrapped around my wrist by the time we leave the theater. So fun!

Congrats on the rose 36" Truffle. Great price and nice choice. Stay in touch and take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 8/28/2014 Me2Me said:

Hi LuckyPeach!

I am so sorry that you are having bad back spasms. You definitely need a JR pick me up or two. What are you loving?

I picked up the interchangeable necklace system in silver J-290467. I was interested in the chocolate chrono, but I don't like the white mop on it. I wish that they had put a pink mop on the face. I think it would have been richer and lovelier in color. Sorry to sound so picky. I just don't know why that white mop makes me not happy?

LuckyPeach, I hope you are feeling better real soon! Take care!

Me2me!! Gosh I am loving so much! It never ends, right? TG, the little ultrasound machine has mitigated most of the back spasms. Stress stinks and I really admire people who are mostly unaffected. Thanks for your kind comment.

How are you feeling and what is up with you? Congrats on the silver interchangeable system. Imagine how many they would've sold had they been a better price to begin with! They wouldn't be able to keep them in stock. I hope this is a sign of a trend...

I have to say I totally agree with you on the white MOP being on the chocolate chrono watch face. Your idea is so much better. Pink MOP would be perfect! Wonder what happened there... When I first saw it, I thought, "...what??" You can really see on the new black one how the darker face is much more coordinated. I love the new black one! Which color(s) do you already have? I have the rose from when it was a TSV.

Has anything else caught your eye? Take care and enjoy the shows. Thanks~Peach