Occasional Contributor

Ripka Orlando Boutique/Outlet closing

I just wanted to share with the Ripkanistas that the Orlando Judith Ripka Boutique is closing its doors. For the time being, all items are sixty percent off, including 18k gold items. I may have to go shopping. Smiley Happy

Contributor

Re: Ripka Orlando Boutique/Outlet closing

I received an e mail about this store closing. I'm quite sad about this. I've bought quite a few pieces here and love everyone of them. They were very reasonably priced. I wish I was in the area now so I could buy a few more from them. The staff was all very kind.
Respected Contributor

I am not happy that these outlets are closing down, either. They had some lovely and very helpful sales associates working there, whom I will miss. I wish them the best.

I will also miss the tremendous sale items they offered. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

P.S. Hi, MuseStruck! I miss you, too!

Valued Contributor

Hi Muse: The other day I received this e-mail too. Very sad. That only leaves one outlet in Florida and then the two boutiques in New York? Sure has come a long way from stores across the country.

I am still waiting for a JR2 order I placed in April. My vendor says her Ripka rep keeps telling her the delays are because of the change in the company. Two other pieces that I ordered in January had to go back....one of them twice. The ""change"" is disturbing when they can't seem to get special orders right and they are taking far too long to deliver.

Again....very sad.

New Contributor

Worse than that, her flagship in NYC is closing, the only store in NYC is the small one on the corner of 61st - sad.

Honored Contributor

I bet the high end stores will all close.

There is more money to be made in mass producing cheap junk.

Honored Contributor

That's sad. That outlet was a beautiful store.

Valued Contributor

On 8/22/2014 honey624 said:

Worse than that, her flagship in NYC is closing, the only store in NYC is the small one on the corner of 61st - sad.

Had not heard that. So sad. Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

Why do you think they are closing. Maybe the very high prices of the designer line is finally cutting into the demand for that rung of her business. Do you think it's the economy, the prices or both? It's true that in selling on QVC she doesn't have to pay for the stores and staff and other expenses in running a store. But it's because of her higher end, and prestigious stores that she is able to have the cachet to keep her prices high on QVC for her lower priced line.

Valued Contributor

My recent correspondence with the outlet is that they have four pieces of 18k left and about six in the sterling silver line left to sell. Things have moved out quickly.