Valued Contributor

Does canary Diamonique go with her champagne quartz?

In some photos it seems to match and in others it's more yellow. Is the photo below accurate? Thanks!

Canary Diamonique

Super Contributor

Re: Does canary Diamonique go with her champagne quartz?

The canary color is a brighter yellow...similar to a vibrant yellow diamond. Champagne quartz is a softer yellow, with more of a brownish beige tinge (although not at all brown). Both are pretty, and both do go well together, they just aren't a perfect match. I have a whitney JR2 chain with canary crystal barrel stations that I wear with a JRQ champagne quartz clip on and they are stunning together. If you are looking for the match, I would shy away, but if you are looking for them to compliment one another, then I say go for it!

Respected Contributor

Canary Diamonique is more yellow than champagne quartz. Generally I do not wear them together.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for your responses. Would the canary Diamonique be a better match with her citrine or would that be off too. Doesn't have to be exact, but don't want them to clash. Citrine I think would be darker.

Super Contributor

I like to layer my colors...in other words wear multiple shades of yellow together, or blues, or greens. If you are looking to match colors, then canary yellow is a lemony bright yellow, both citrine and champagne quartz have more of a range of darker undertones. Limon quartz might be a better choice.

Super Contributor

On 8/5/2014 Blondelle said:

Thanks for your responses. Would the canary Diamonique be a better match with her citrine or would that be off too. Doesn't have to be exact, but don't want them to clash. Citrine I think would be darker.

Citrine is a deeper or softer golden color. Canary is bright yellow. Think of the little bird.

Respected Contributor

Hi, Blondelle. You asked a very good question, so I took out my Q Eclipse yellow diamonique earrings and placed them next to a champagne quartz enhancer of hers. I didn't love the combination, personally. However, I was quite surprised at how well the more yellow citrine stones blended with the canary diamonique. I had never thought to combine the two stones, but they certainly do play well together, in my opinion.

Thanks for opening my eyes to another potential combination of JRQ stones to pair together.

Valued Contributor

Thanks again. From the responses it seems like the QVC photo in the link above is off, as in that it's not that yellow. I think I'm going to get the canary Diamonique earrings. If I don't like them with the citrine I can always buy something else that matches better. Why didn't anyone warn me how addicting her jewelry was :-).

Regular Contributor

I tried to wear them together once and it didn't really work. The CQ goes better with her canary crystal things in the JR Two line.