Super Contributor

Yo! - 8/3/14 - Columbus set sail from Spain for his 1st voyage across the Atlantic, 1492

Good afternoon and happy Sunday to us all.

Dreary looking day with possible showers to come. It's very humid.

Today is DH's b-day and the celebration will be very, very low key. Right now he's at DS#2's apartment hanging blinds and fixing a toilet seat. DTGD was over earlier and asked who's going to the store to get the cake. I told her Pop Pop didn't want any b/c our fav place to get a choc chip b-day cake has closed and he didn't want me to make a cake. She was very disappointed and, since they'll be here for dinner later, I told DH to pick up something cake like when he goes food shopping. A parent's work is never done.

Meanwhile, I'm in the midst of cleaning up from the past week, with lots of bed clothes being laundered among other things. And I better get back to work.

Make it a great week!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Yo! - 8/3/14 - Columbus set sail from Spain for his 1st voyage across the Atlantic, 1492

Same weather up here, too, Kappy. Some sun peeking through every once in a while. Such a funny story about DTGD and the birthday cake! Doesn't take long for them to get a "tradition" ingrained, huh? Happy Birthday wishes to dear Hubby, btw!

Super Contributor

Re: Yo! - 8/3/14 - Columbus set sail from Spain for his 1st voyage across the Atlantic, 1492

Hi Kaplan. I hope that your DGD got to have a piece of birthday cake. Aren't they so precious???

I'm also sending a belated Happy Birthday to your DH...

I hope that you & your family have a good safe week.

Take care

Super Contributor

Thanks, ladies. Hope you're feeling better, Pepper.

Super Contributor

Kaplan, I'm doing fairly good. My Achilles tendon has healed & no more walking boot or PT. My other ankle & foot has so much arthritis in it that walking is becoming so difficult. I'm trying to stay out of a wheel chair but there are times that I will just have to. But I'm ok with it.

I enjoy reading your Yo posts. Keep them up!!

Take care & have a good week