Super Contributor

Yo! - 8/2/14 - First US census began, 1790

Good afternoon and happy Saturday to us all.

I awoke to a somewhat cooler and grey day, with the possibility of showers at any time. I wish I could share the water with those of you in the clench of the drought.

What a week. WHAT A WEEK! Two important doc appointments - dermatologist & allergist - plus DTGD all week, plus two additional house guests for two days - DS#2 & his dog, as he was moving to a new apartment. Oy, what a week! The washer/dryer never seemed to stop, along with having to place our cockatiel in a separate room because of his fear of the dog, which is a pit bull/lab mix and as gentle as can be. But when the dog's big old face comes up to one's cage, and you happen to be a bird, feathers begin to fly and the cockatiel tries to escape. One afternoon was pool time for the first time and DTGD wouldn't give in that it was too chilly to be out there.

The docs went well, with the dermatologist giving me the ok from the full body scan and the allergist working on getting my eyes back to a normal state; they've been in severe allergic conjunctivitis for several months. The allergist determined that the grasses were what seemed to be doing me in and we now have a strategy for coping and try to rid in myself of the effects of the allergens. I return in five weeks for more testing and a check up.

I still have not seen the whole two hour show with Miss Judie, but hope to catch up this weekend. Of course, that did not stop me from picking up a few items.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the last big month of summer. Frankly, even with all the allergy problems, I'm not ready for the colder weather yet.

Off to the laundry.

Make it a great day!

Super Contributor

Re: Yo! - 8/2/14 - First US census began, 1790

Hi Kaplan. I'm sorry you are having such a time also with your allergies. For me this summer has been a challenge with allergies also. I also have acquired allergy induced asthma about 4 years ago. I have to go for some more tests to deal with that. I already use an inhaler twice a day.

I can imagine how many feathers your cockatiel lost when that dog came near the cage!

I hope you have a great relaxing weekend.

Frequent Contributor

Poor Kappy! That is just awful about your eyes! What a torture for you! I do hope your Doc is able to bring this to an end soon.

I hope DS#2 is doing well also. My childhood pet dog was that same combination. Just wonderful dogs. Although your birdie would not agree!

Good luck with all your impending drama! Fingers crossed for you.

Super Contributor

Oh, Pepper. How awful to have morphed into asthma! I hope it eases soon. HGAW too.

=====

As always Dead Eye, thanks for your support.