Super Contributor

Good morning and happy Sunday to us all.

Gloomy looking day today. The humidity has pumped it up and on/off showers I fear will be the norm for today.

DH. DH. He has spent the better part of three days hanging a steel door to outside in our kitchen, and it still isn't properly hung. You can see light coming in from the door edges which, of course, means air is also able to move in/out. He keeps planing it in hopes that it'll line up properly. You know what I said from the get-go, don't you? Yes. That's correct - hire a professional to install the door. Sigh.

I spent the better part of yesterday culling through my closet and drawers to remove stuff that I've not worn, or no longer fit. What a treasure trove of good stuff Goodwill will receive!

Did you watch any of Super Saturday? I try to watch it every year and also buy something if I can use it. It's such a wonderful charity and great that the Q has gotten behind it.

I think Miss Judie has a show on the 30th, or have I been dreaming? BTW, no watch or ring yet. Maybe they decided to see the Grand Canyon.

DTGD returns for child care tomorrow. Yay! Kisses and hugs.

Off to get some things done so I can read the paper.

Make it a great week!

Frequent Contributor

Happy Sunday! It is always nice to read your cheerful posts. It is great that DTGD had a wonderful vacation with her dad. I'll have my first overnight with the grandbabies (ages 1 and 3) on Friday evening. (I regularly care for them, but never overnight). I will split the time with the other grandparents watching the precious little ones for the weekend.

Goodwill is going to be very pleased with your donations, it is a great way of giving back while making a little extra room for you. I need to go through my closets soon. I have been making regular trips to the Salvation Army with lovely items from my parent's home, but still have a long way to go with those efforts. Sometimes the "memories" get in the way of the purging efforts, and I hit a "roadblock" in getting rid of things (mom is deceased and dad is in a care facility). The house needs to get on the market soon.

I missed all the shows on Super Saturday but certainly agree that it serves a wonderful cause/purpose.

The door episode made me chuckle a bit. We've been down that road!

Today was my hair day (think you mentioned in your last post that yours was yesterday). It feels good to have it done.

Enjoy your week!

Frequent Contributor

Kap, I know I am replying to the wrong post, but, no matter. DTGD will soon be developing her very own opinion on things in this big world, and the way things work. Not to mention, her own ideas on her Daddy. Woe to her mother when she starts asking why she talks about her beloved Daddy like that. You know it will happen. When it does, hopefully, you will be there for her.

Super Contributor

Hi Kaplan, I got to see about 15 minutes of the Super Saturday show. I had already ordered Judith's wallet & received it. What a wonderful wallet at a great price. I also agree that this is a great cause & I'm glad that the Q has gotten behind this.

Grandchildren are such a wonderful addition to our lives, aren't they? And its especially nice when they live close by us. I love all four of my grandkids. And I like reading your posts about yours.

We've had such up & down weather this summer. Real hot & muggy and then a cool spell. Its supposed to be cooler this week and less humid. And I'm ok with that.

I hope you have a fantastic week!!!