Super Contributor

Anisha, you were so correct on the Ming Pearl necklace, much to my disappointment. I should have listened to you and I bow to your superior knowledge.

Ming Pearl Necklace - I can count on a couple of fingers how many times I've been disappointed by Ripka jewelry - hardly ever. Much to my chagrin, this was one of the times. The pearls are HUGE and the necklace if a bit heavy, but I could have dealt with being heavy. The clasp if magnificent and in a class all its own. But the pearls. THE PEARLS! The pearls lacked the lovely luster which I've come to expect from Miss Judie's pearls. This is the second time I've been burned on Ming pearls, the first being an Honora TSV from a couple of months ago. Sadly had to be returned.

Three stone ring, YGC - DELICIOUS! The scale of the ring is very believable, but not tiny. But the star of the ring, for me, was the cut out details on the metal. It boggles the mind that intricate work like this could be done. This is a fabulous value for the big look of elegance which one gets from wearing this ring.

TSV earring, YGC - super dooper! Love that small stud earrings have an omega back. Nice presence on the ear.

Chrome Diopside cuff - Oh, Mama! Beautiful array of different hues of CD. Sparkly to beat a band. WOnderful.

Regent watch, silver & Mabe pearl ring - Both were ordered BEFORE the shows began. SHipped on 7?11 and &/12. Haven't arrived. On tracking number it says they are vacationing in Swedesboro, NJ. Will I ever see them, in this lifetime? Stay tuned.

Respected Contributor
I can't wait to see photos! Sounds amazing! Enjoy!!
Frequent Contributor

So sorry the pearls didn't work out for you, Kap. I know how much you love them. I hope your lost goodies show up soon! I ordered something the other day, package delivered today. My name on the outside, someone else's on the inside! Her item on the inside as well. Good guess my item was delivered to her house! Hang in there. Enjoy your keepers in good health!

Regular Contributor
Kaplan, you will love love the watch. I can't believe it took me so long to order this. For my 60th my gift from me to me was the watch and the ss cube bracelet. I have been wearing both everyday. just like peanut butter and jelly these two are the perfect pairing. Enjoy your new gems!!!
Super Contributor

Hi Kaplan, sorry to hear that the Ming pearls weren't up to standards. Sad....

I'm glad that you received some pieces that you are liking...a lot... And I hope that your missing pieces show up real soon. I think you will really love the regent watch.

Dead Eye, I experienced something similar to you. I received one of my Ripka pieces, inside were two order slips. One was mine and one was someone else's for a Honora piece.

Valued Contributor

Good morning, kaplan. Sorry to read about the disappointing Ming Pearls but it certainly sounds like you added some real treasures to your collection during Judith's recent visit. I hope the watch and ring have found their way to you. Enjoy it all in health and happiness!

Trusted Contributor
On 7/21/2014 kaplan206 said:

Anisha, you were so correct on the Ming Pearl necklace, much to my disappointment. I should have listened to you and I bow to your superior knowledge.

Ming Pearl Necklace - I can count on a couple of fingers how many times I've been disappointed by Ripka jewelry - hardly ever. Much to my chagrin, this was one of the times. The pearls are HUGE and the necklace if a bit heavy, but I could have dealt with being heavy. The clasp if magnificent and in a class all its own. But the pearls. THE PEARLS! The pearls lacked the lovely luster which I've come to expect from Miss Judie's pearls. This is the second time I've been burned on Ming pearls, the first being an Honora TSV from a couple of months ago. Sadly had to be returned.

Three stone ring, YGC - DELICIOUS! The scale of the ring is very believable, but not tiny. But the star of the ring, for me, was the cut out details on the metal. It boggles the mind that intricate work like this could be done. This is a fabulous value for the big look of elegance which one gets from wearing this ring.

TSV earring, YGC - super dooper! Love that small stud earrings have an omega back. Nice presence on the ear.

Chrome Diopside cuff - Oh, Mama! Beautiful array of different hues of CD. Sparkly to beat a band. WOnderful.

Regent watch, silver & Mabe pearl ring - Both were ordered BEFORE the shows began. SHipped on 7?11 and &/12. Haven't arrived. On tracking number it says they are vacationing in Swedesboro, NJ. Will I ever see them, in this lifetime? Stay tuned.

Ahhh, Swedesboro....lovely this time of year!

A necklace of mine has been sitting in Secaucus since July 19th.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Super Contributor
Thanks, ladies. NJGirl - has your necklace arrived yet?