Regular Contributor

One little thing that bothers me about the "Princess Cut Ice Cube Tennis Bracelet"

I know I shouldn't be so picky but I always inspect every piece of jewelry I buy from QVC with a magnifying glass. I do so because I know at times I have received used items. While inspecting the JR Princess Cut Tennis Bracelet I noticed the tables of each princess cut stone are not the same size. This causes the stones to look different when the light hits them. Because of the size difference in the tables some of the stones sparkle more than others. Has anyone else noticed this with their bracelet? I guess I expected the manufacturer to match the stones in each bracelet a little better considering the cost. Maybe I just got a "lemon" and should exchange it for another one. If anyone else has noticed this with their bracelet please let me know. That will help me decide whether to exchange it or return it. Appreciate your thoughts. Have a nice day.

Respected Contributor

Re: One little thing that bothers me about the ""Princess Cut Ice Cube Tennis Bracelet""

I don't have this bracelet, but I wonder if it's the way the stones are set that makes them appear to have different sizes in the table. The reason I suggest this is because the stones are probably all machine cut with computer guidance. That would result in nearly identical stones. If they were real diamonds, then they would be hand cut and there might be differences depending upon the particular piece of rough and the cutter. But for simulated stones, there should be more uniformity.

Of course, you could look at the differences as being a more realistic representation of what a real diamond bracelet might look like. Smile

Bottom line, if it bothers you, return the bracelet because it will always catch your eye and annoy you.

Super Contributor

Re: One little thing that bothers me about the ""Princess Cut Ice Cube Tennis Bracelet""

In one of the videos, I think Shawn says the stones are hand cut. I'm not sure exactly what they mean when they say that, but perhaps that could add to some variability.

Super Contributor

I too would expect real diamonds to have some variation, and I'd be happy with a "fake" bracelet that had that appearance. I've noticed, just with my eyes rather than a loupe, that the gemstones in various bracelets don't match each other perfectly and I don't mind at all. No one else is going to notice, and I don't see any difference in sparkle.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not picky, and easy to please. This is a cz bracelet and it's drop dead gorgeous and sparkles like crazy. If it was real maybe then .................................
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with Lavendar....if it is bothering you enough to come on here and ask...then you should return it for another...or just return it....if you don't....it will eat at you every time you wear it...its a costly bracelet....you should be 100% happy.....

Regular Contributor

Thank you to all that replied. I do love the bracelet and also think that it is gorgeous. I just wanted to be sure the bracelet I received was manufactured correctly. I was just trying to get more information so I could decide if I should just keep it or exchange it for another one. If all the bracelets are manufactured with this same variations in the stones then I don't want to bother exchanging it. Sometimes the perfectionist in me gets in the way. I need to learn to let go. Thank you again for all that replied.

Frequent Contributor

LINDSEY:I have the Ice Cube bracelet and just love it {#emotions_dlg.tt1}{#emotions_dlg.tt1}! I got mine when JR first showed it, and my bracelet is perfect. I also inspected it thoroughly, but did not use a magnifying glass. I only keep quality pieces. If you are not happy with it, consider sending it back. Good luck!