Super Contributor

Yo! - 7/20/14 - 45th anniversary of moon landing

Good afternoon and happy Sunday to us all.

Unusual weather for the 20th of July - it is coolish! This is usually some of the yuckiest summer weather in this neck of the woods, but not this year.

It's been a very busy week and Saturday. Because DTGD has not been here I took the space to have numerous doctor appointments. Oy - what a bother, but a necessary one. keeping all these appointments can sure tire a person out.

Yesterday DH and I headed off bright and early to the shore - Margate City to be exact - for a very special birthday celebration brunch for DH's sister and her husband. I haven't been to the shore in perhaps 20 years and was really looking forward to see the ocean. We were almost an hour late to the brunch as we got trapped on the Atlantic CIty Expressway, which was a parking lot only ten miles from our destination. Once there we had a glorious time. I wore a sea foam greenish maxi dress. Jewelry was: couture green quartz earrings with diamond accents, no necklace, left wrist had the white ceramic watch & sunflower cuff and the emerald ring along with a platinum diamond band kept my wedding finger company, and on my left wrist sat happily perched my Big Blue Cuff, commonly known as the blue love cuff. The cuff caught a lot of attention as it perfectly complimented my dress.

I walked two blocks to the beach and gazed out at the ocean for about 20 minutes. It was so relaxing, even with standing by the bulkhead. I had forgotten how calming looking at the ocean can be for me.

I must away to get my act together so that dinner will be ready when DTGD and her daddy come for dinner.

Make it a great week!

Honored Contributor

Re: Yo! - 7/20/14 - 45th anniversary of moon landing

Back in 1970-73 I worked in the Pentagon for the US Air Force. We had our own Astronauts, the whole deal.

I was a lowly GS-2 (there's no such thing anymore). I sat in the front office in a secure area (cypher locks, etc).

I worked the button who let people back into the other offices.

I remember I would sit and talk to the Astronauts. I was only 19 years old at the time. When Nixon came in he got rid of the Air Force Space Program.

I have to wonder what would have happened had he not.

Super Contributor

annabellethecat, how awesome!! I bet you have great memories of that time.

Kaplan, I love the beach & ocean. I've only been there a few times in my life. Living in landlocked Ohio.... My dream is to retire someday near the ocean or the Smoky Mts. Hopefully....

I love when you describe your jewelry. I hope you have a great week.

Frequent Contributor

Kap, living in the "Ocean State", I understand how you feel about watching the ocean. It is hypnotizing to me, as well as calming. It also makes me feel very humble, with it's majesty. I lived in northern California many years ago, as well as central Massachusetts, not so long ago. I was born here, and have lived here for the last forty years, and being able to smell the salt air, keeps me sane.

I'm glad you had a good time.