Valued Contributor

Does JR's company stand behind it's products?

I assume there's some type of warranty. If a stone falls out or a post breaks off does her company make a repair for you? I'm in NYC and so is her store. Has anyone ever brought anything there for repair? I would like to know their policy before I buy any more of her jewelry.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Does JR's company stand behind it's products?

As far as I know, The Judith Ripka stores on Madison Ave do not repair QVC items.

If you purchased the item from QVC, you need to contact them regarding a repair or replacement of the item, particularly if it is Diamonique. I believe there is a warranty/guarantee on Diamonique.

If you have an item from QVC and the stones are not Diamonique and you still would like a repair, you can have it done.

http://community.qvc.com/forums/judith-ripka/topic/386326/need-repair-advice.aspx

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Super Contributor

No warranty, aside from the DMQ warranty that newjerseygirl mentioned.

Super Contributor

If you are talking about her JR boutique line, I have always had items repaired for free...even years after purchase. I had a diamond fall out, nowhere to be seen again, and it was repaired and polished without charge. I have also had a lobster claw spring come out on a cord necklace (18k end caps) and that was repaired free of charge. I also had a bracelet catch on a sweater and break the clasp bar closure. That too was repaired free of charge. So bottom line, if you are talking about an item sold in her boutique, my experience is she certainly stands behind her work; if you are talking about a piece on the Q, it is Q's service (they are who sold the item to you) you must deal with.

Esteemed Contributor

A number of years ago Brian Ripka was addressing some quality issues with people on a case by case basis- he had me send back a bangle to Beth for repair and it was done gratis. These are not inexpensive items- I'd hope they still stand behind their pieces!

Regular Contributor

On 7/15/2014 smarty said:

If you are talking about her JR boutique line, I have always had items repaired for free...even years after purchase. I had a diamond fall out, nowhere to be seen again, and it was repaired and polished without charge. I have also had a lobster claw spring come out on a cord necklace (18k end caps) and that was repaired free of charge. I also had a bracelet catch on a sweater and break the clasp bar closure. That too was repaired free of charge. So bottom line, if you are talking about an item sold in her boutique, my experience is she certainly stands behind her work; if you are talking about a piece on the Q, it is Q's service (they are who sold the item to you) you must deal with.

Wonderful news smarty; can you please post the who, where and how info for the rest of us...TIA!!!

Super Contributor

Judyakm, I simply contacted her store on Madison for the repairs. They took about three weeks. Again, these repairs were done to pieces from her boutique line (JR2 and 18k), and not for her Q line. I have never had to repair a Q item (although have had my local jeweler do some alterations). I'm not sure WHO exactly handled the repairs, but any of the sales associates in the store can help you. As far as the HOW question...I took NJ Transit into the city and then hopped into a cab and walked into the store. Oh, and I forgot, I also purchased a ring at a JR sample sale which needed to be sized...they took care of that free of charge as well.

Contributor

There is no warranty on any of Judith Ripka's QVC pieces. I have been trying to have a lobster claw clasp repaired (or replaced) on a diamonique heart chain I purchased several years ago. The spring closer on the clasp completely broke off and I had only worn it a couple of times. Never had this happen before so I'm figuring it was a manufacturing defect. Since it was well past QVC's 30 day return period I contacted the Judith Ripka company directly to see if they could help me. I was told that they only deal with her couture/boutique line and not with items purchased from QVC. They gave me a link to go through which I believe went to QVC. I never received any response from it and over the years kind of forgot about it. I was willing to pay for the repair and took it to a jeweler and was told they could not repair that spring part and would have to replace the whole lobster claw clasp but it would be a plain one and not the pretty diamonique heart clasp. So I thought I would give QVC another shot and emailed customer service explaining the situation. I received an email back the next day telling me that there is nothing that can be done since it is out of QVC's return period and that there is no manufacturer's warranty on this line. I will not be purchasing any more of Judith's pieces since the company does not stand behind their products.

Trusted Contributor

fairymom, if you click on the link I posted in post #1 you will see the name and address of the place where you can get JR jewelry from QVC repaired.

I never had to use the service, but other people on the Forum have used it and I believe they were quite satisfied.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Respected Contributor

On 7/17/2014 fairymom said:

There is no warranty on any of Judith Ripka's QVC pieces.

Not true---there is a QVC 30 day, no questions asked, "warranty"--the return period is essentially the warranty period, but as newjerseygirl points out, they will/may repair even beyond the Q warranty period.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel