New Contributor

Pearl magnetic necklace from 2009

Just want to say I love my Judith Ripka pieces. I have so many I cannot count. Back in 2009 bought the pearl magnetic necklace. Was J139153 so nice. Works with all my magnetic enhancers and truly I have not worn it many times. It was replaced once because it broke (literally) in a business meeting. But this weekend I opened my jewelry case and the pearls fell all over the floor. Too late for QVC to help which I understand but for a piece that was rarely worn it hurts. Plus I have so many other pieces that go with it. Guess I will find someone in my area to restring it.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pearl magnetic necklace from 2009

QVCsu, so sorry to hear of this. I feel your pain, I have the same set and have worn it maybe a handful of times. Was it strung on string/silk? Can you tell from what's left? When you have it restrung, perhaps your jeweler will have a recommendation on something that will last longer. Also, when you store it, do you hang it, or rest it, in a drawer? I think I have read that if it is hung, it puts undue stress on it. Good luck with your repair, and I hope you get many years of pleasure from it.

New Contributor

Thanks Dead Eye. I do hang up all my necklaces and maybe that was the problem. It was strung on what looks like silk. I can bead and string necklaces but this was out of my league. Knotted between every pearl as it should be. I will get it redone by a local jeweler and probably pay more than I originally paid but that is ok because I love this piece. Thank you for your response.
Super Contributor

QVCSu, there is an online pearl store called Pearl Paradise that does restringing of pearls. You may want to contact them and see how much they charge if you don't have someone locally. I have this same strand and had mine restrung, knotted in between the pearls. On mine, the 3" extender piece was fine and already knotted in between each pearl. I love this one and actually have two sets. The rondel shape on the pearls, which I believe are Honora, are really pretty.