Valued Contributor

Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka July 2014 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Looks like this will be a quickie Summer 2014 visit for JR with a lovely basic DMQ omega flower earring TSV both in clad and silver....

How is everyone doing? The weather is stifling hot in SoCal with the Valleys trending toward the 100 degree mark the next few days--ugh. Thanks to our cool evenings though, we are able to put off using air conditioning until late in the day when it is less expensive. On the personal front, the corruption in our town is getting more press coverage (LA Times) and we have given up on working out our own case against our town since officials have no integrity. We found an attorney who has won cases like ours in the past and he will be dealing with the city. We gave them every chance to make things right for more than a year with endless meetings, direct proof (in spite of their destruction of evidence) and now they will have to face the music. It is sort of a relief not to have to deal directly any more. My health already has bumped up a bit! Thanks to Me2Me's advice on garlic, I was able to beat back a nasty bug and avoid an antibiotic with a black box warning--am 99% better and still taking the garlic daily. If you decide to try it, make sure and get the live garlic, not the Chinese irradiated stuff in the supermarket with the import tag on it.

Here's the hours for Judith's July visit: Saturday Midnight-2am, Eastern Standard Time (Friday 9-11PM Pacific Standard Time); 3-5AM EST (Midnight-2AM PST); 3-5PM EST (Noon-2PM PST); 7-9PM EST (4-6PM PST).

So, not to many shows to overwhelm, a TSV to boot...just right. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Let's discuss what pieces you are interested in, what you might be partaking and what is happening in the real world off of the Q. Take care and thanks to all who post and discuss~Peach

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka July 2014 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Have read the reviews on pre-orders of the new TSV earrings (both clad and silver) and they certainly sound like winners. Pepper, so glad you are loving your early order(s), and I wonder, too, how you are feeling and how your leg is doing? If you think of it, please add your review to the July all review thread. Hope you are recovering OK!Kiss

I am a little concerned about what Expatgal, said about the space for earlobes in the omega portion of the new TSV. I have normal detached lobes with a piercing smack in the middle of the lobe (no excessive hanging down or anything) and I, too, have had to do some "folding" under to tuck into a couple of JR's designs. Thanks for your input Expat! Wink I'll be thinking on these! ~Peach

Super Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka July 2014 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

LuckyPeach, on the tsv earrings....I have a thicker earlobe and these earrings fit me and are very comfortable. No pinching hurt at all.

My Achilles tendon is healing. I got my cast off 2 weeks ago and am using a walking boot now. I go to physical therapy twice a week and then do exercises at home also. I have 4 more weeks of therapy and then go back to dr. I don't have pain in that area but the generalized MS pain has hit full force. I have to force myself to get up and walk to kitchen, bathroom, etc. I'm hoping it will ease soon.

I'm looking forward to Judith's shows and our chatting here on the forum.

Take care, Pepper22

Super Contributor

Hi LuckyPeach, so nice to hear your health is improving. I like so many of Judith's new items but want to see the presentations. I have read reviews on the tsv earrings and have decided to order the ss ones. I like that they are a smaller earring. Hope you enjoy the shows. Take care, Donna.

Regular Contributor

All I know is that everything she makes is OVERPRICED! Fine jewelry with real gold and real diamonds can be bought at prices that she charges for costume jewelry. That is what she is selling to you- costume jewelry. I can't for the life of me understand why so many like her jewelry, it's always textured, thick. bulky, big and overdone. JR designs like Victoria Wieck ---you pay for her name and neither one can make a dainty, elegant item. Lots of women like jewelry that is understated and sized down but, she never brings anything remotely close to refined.

As for beautiful jewelry with fake stones try Xavier, Jean Dousset Harry Winston-- these designers make beautiful costume jewelry at a much better price.

Contributor

I'm normally not interested in JR or the things I like are way out of my price range. However I picked up the ruby heart ring that is new. Since my birthday is next week, it's a present to myself. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.
Super Contributor

SemperFi Beauty, I really like the ring that your ordered. I just might be ordering that one also. I hope you have a great birthday next week!!

Valued Contributor

On 7/11/2014 Pepper22 said:

LuckyPeach, on the tsv earrings....I have a thicker earlobe and these earrings fit me and are very comfortable. No pinching hurt at all.

My Achilles tendon is healing. I got my cast off 2 weeks ago and am using a walking boot now. I go to physical therapy twice a week and then do exercises at home also. I have 4 more weeks of therapy and then go back to dr. I don't have pain in that area but the generalized MS pain has hit full force. I have to force myself to get up and walk to kitchen, bathroom, etc. I'm hoping it will ease soon.

I'm looking forward to Judith's shows and our chatting here on the forum.

Take care, Pepper22

Thanks so much for the detailed update, Pepper! I know a tiny bit of what you are saying about forcing yourself to get up -the muscle pain, right? Very, very sorry about the generalized pain. Does it take a lot out of you? Sometimes out of the blue I will get the fibro-type pain and in the past went through hospital classes and lectures and therapy to no avail. What really changed everything was a handheld ultrasound device which is just guided over the area with a gel on the skin for maybe 10-15 minutes (up to you--I have DH do it until the gel has dissipated). Wishd4it suggested it years ago to me (about $80 on Amazon) and it has been a lifesaver many times. Just used it a few nights ago when there was a flare-up. It makes the pain bearable and within a day or two, go away. Anyway, very, very sorry to hear you are suffering, dear Pepper! I hope and pray things get better!!

Was there anything in the first show that gave you a spark? I'm still thinking on the TSV - I have been soooo bad lately with JR. Take care and enjoy the shows~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 7/11/2014 donnaluby said:

Hi LuckyPeach, so nice to hear your health is improving. I like so many of Judith's new items but want to see the presentations. I have read reviews on the tsv earrings and have decided to order the ss ones. I like that they are a smaller earring. Hope you enjoy the shows. Take care, Donna.

Hello Donna! So nice to see you and thanks for the good words. Congrats on the S/S TSV earrings. JR has made me so addicted to her earrings. Originally, I was just into the cuffs and enhancers but after trying her earrings, I have really become a huge fan. I think they add so much to one's "look." How are you doing? Take care~Peach

Trusted Contributor

I picked up the former TSV Pearl and 14k Clad Interchangeable Necklace. I've had it in my wishlist and a couple days ago there was a note that the price was changing. I assumed QVC was increasing the price again, but was pleasantly surprised it is now at an event price of $299 with Free S&H so I picked it up.