Regular Contributor

QVC SHIPPING CHARGES NOW HIDDEN

After the one week trial period of lower shipping charges ($3.00 & $5.00) QVC has gone back to the ridiculously high charges except now you cannot see the charge displayed on the item page. As far as I can see, you have to "SPEED BUY" the item & then click on "I wish to see the total inclu. shipping, handling, & tax before I submit my order." Do they think if they keep the charges hidden, no one will mind???

Super Contributor

Re: QVC SHIPPING CHARGES NOW HIDDEN

I think it's just a system glitch because it coincided with the date the prices were supposed to go back up. I don't think it will be permanent.

Occasional Contributor

I noticed that the shipping costs had gone down but didn't realize this was a temporary change. Did the hosts mention that shipping costs were lowered for a short time? If so, I must have missed it

Trusted Contributor

On 4/1/2014 lss runner said:

I noticed that the shipping costs had gone down but didn't realize this was a temporary change. Did the hosts mention that shipping costs were lowered for a short time? If so, I must have missed it

I don't know about the hosts, but there was a banner online on each page I think. There was one in particular at the top of these forum pages that said it was through March 31.

Honored Contributor

I just put something in the cart & it does show shipping there but not on the item page. I don't like that. I hate it when I have to search for the shipping charges on websites or add to cart to see what it is. I don't know why places make it so difficult to see shipping charges. You should not have to go through checkout to see how much shipping is. I think this will cause a loss in sales. I skip websites where I have to go through so much trying to find how much shipping is.

Super Contributor

I suspect the shipping charge has been left off of the product page, so that the customer will not be derailed from buying so early in the process.
“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Occasional Contributor

If you put the item in your cart you can see the shipping charge. That way you can see the shipping charges and decide to follow thru with order or continue shopping. Other websites play that game. I am really hoping it's a glitch. It's a game that I have no appreciation for.

Trusted Contributor

Wow - thanks for pointing this out. So, this is QVC's solution to competing with all the websites that offer free shipping? Hide the high shipping fees until you get to the cart? Nice!

Honored Contributor

I noticed the S&H was missing. I hope it is just another glitch in the system & is corrected soon. It is not going to cause me to buy more things. In fact, it has already caused me to stop looking at a few things because I did not want to waste time adding them to my cart to see the S&H. I'm more likely to assume that, if they have to hide it, the S&H is more than I am willing to pay.

Frequent Contributor

I just noticed that. I put an item in my cart and when I saw how much the shipping was I removed it. Maybe they think we won't notice?