Super Contributor

This is an 18" STERLING Diamonique Necklace for $ 615.00 plus S&H, and tax.

Judith Ripka Sterling 18 Diamonique Swirl

Do you know how many designer have made necklaces with Diamonique, much longer, prettier, for much less money ? It's absolutely disgusting !!!

I personally don't find it that lovely. Certainly not for $ 615.00, S&H and tax.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Ridiculous Ripka Pricing -

i agree..i'd rather buy something thats "gold clad" on shop nbc..paying that much for silver, which is very cheap, is waaay too much!

Regular Contributor

Recently, I've seen Ripka STERLING AND DMQ

Regular Contributor

Recently, I've seen Ripka STERLING AND DMQ pieces priced $1,000.+. Yes, her prices are ridiculous as are Carolyn Pollack's of late. But, if the market will buy it, these women will be very glad to haul all of that money home.

Honored Contributor

Carolyn has nothing in the several thousand dollar price range, to my knowledge. I feel her prices are fair, particularly when you know her pieces are made in the US.

Trusted Contributor

To each their own,which is why the Q offers options for everyone. You buy what you like.
Super Contributor

On 3/28/2014 depglass said:

Carolyn has nothing in the several thousand dollar price range, to my knowledge. I feel her prices are fair, particularly when you know her pieces are made in the US.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

It will only go on and get worse, as long as we allow it by agreeing to pay these prices. I don't understand having to have a piece, especially that is not gold or a precious gemstone, and paying these prices just because of the designer.

One day in the future, maybe a long way away, but some day, that money would come in handy for survival. These pieces will be nothing compared to what money can buy then.

People who live for today and don't save for tomorrow will wish differently I'm afraid.

But more importantly, I don't believe in supporting avarice.

Honored Contributor

Well then, don't look at it and don't buy it and get on with your life. Life is too short to spend complaining about mundane sh*t, i.e., shop at Claire's.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Trusted Contributor

On 3/28/2014 MickD said:

Well then, don't look at it and don't buy it and get on with your life. Life is too short to spend complaining about mundane sh*t, i.e., shop at Claire's.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

ETA: Hey Mick...I just blew $32.00 of my life savings on the LTS Braided Berge Ring!!

That's $32.00 I will never get back.....{#emotions_dlg.tt1}