Regular Contributor

ANOTHER REVIEW OF THE CONFETTI CUFF

As soon as I saw the picture of it, I jumped on it like a duck on a June bug! Anything multi-gemstone,colorful, & candy-looking will get my attention immediately. But lurking in the back of my mind, I was wondering whether I would find it too sombre for my tastes. I hate anything Gothic, Victorian, Byzantine, hate autumn & autumn colors, never wear black except as an accent (shows all the wrinkles), hate heavily treed & shaded landscapes, & in general hate anything too serious-looking. I love jewelry, clothes, & houses that are light-hearted, airy, cute, whimsical, & colorful. I love light, bright, clear colors, & feel uplifted by endless sunny meadows. That being said, this piece was the first Ripka piece I have ever bought that I was totally on the fence about. The workmanship is superb - beautifully finished, heavy silver presence, gemstones set beautifully. My only hesitation is that the piece is visually heavy - something I usually don't gravitate towards. I know all the black spinel paveed stones next to the colorful gemstones make the piece dramatic & that is what I believe Judith was trying to achieve. But plebeian that I am, I would have preferred white clear DMQ stones instead of the paveed black spinel... or perhaps more silver presence interspersed w/ the gemstones to lighten it up a bit. I love my black onyx pieces that have a lot of silver & clear DMQ because the black/white contrast is breath-taking. So I am in no way criticizing this piece. Any hesitation I had was just my own personal preference & my propensity for the light, bright, & light-hearted. I think this piece will get fabulous reviews. And it is truly different from any other JR piece. I must have gone back & forth a million times on this piece (something I have never done), but in the end I decided to keep it. I will wear it w/ all white clothes & perhaps layer it w/ just the thin silver rolling bracelet. It looks great w/ the pierced bypass ring w/ the black onyx tips (don't have the J number). If you have a love for the dramatic & the mysterious, you will love it!!!

Frequent Contributor

Re: ANOTHER REVIEW OF THE CONFETTI CUFF

Glitter, Thanks for your review. It looked liked it was a special piece. You have worked it into your wardrobe!! Go for it! Love, Sir Cancel

Respected Contributor

Glitter Puss----BEST REVIEW EVER!!!!! I swear.....you blew me away with your words and honesty!

I wanted this cuff so badly---it is right up my alley---I'd wear it with my Linea Gemstone Colored Whisper Knits---the Malachite, the Ruby, etc---then the Cuff would POP like some kind of magical talisman. It just wasn't in my budget at this time......

Enjoy it to the fullest!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Regular Contributor

Nice review and congrats on the cuff. I imagine it would look stunning against jewel tones too ... a blue outfit matching the blue topaz or a purple outfit matching the amethyst ... wonder how it would look against a soft lemon yellow outfit Enjoy coming up with the perfect outfits to set off the cuff!!

Super Contributor

Wear it! Wear it! Wear it! Your review was so truthful and on point. I know the cuff is spectacular and you have a whole month to be sure. At that price point, make sure that you really love it and that you will wear it. Put it on around the house on different days with different colors and catch yourself in the mirror. Take it out to a nice restaurant and see it under that lighting. This will let you know how comfortable you feel in it because things that stay in the drawer get forgotten. If you decided to keep it, enjoy it because it is truly unique and beautiful. If it isn't for you, you saved yourself a fortune. Congrats if you keep!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Glitter Puss, I think you will fall in head-over-heels love with this cuff when you wear it as stated-- with an all white outfit. This cuff will look outrageously stunning when contrasted with your other clothing colors, too. I have to say that I think it will also look fabulous with light blue, bright blue, bright green, purple, yellow, red-- all the vivid colors of the gemstones, and any gemstone color (i.e. pink and lilac) not even included in the cuff. That cuff is a symphony of colors, and it will pop any outfit.

This cuff will have many more adventures than you think it will. LOL. Enjoy it to the fullest.

Super Contributor

Hi Glitter Puss!

Great Review!

That is one beautifully dramatic cuff! I hope you get plenty of wear of it over the years....Enjoy! Wear it everywhere!!!! I want to hear from you about how many people gravitate towards your wrist when you wear it!

Honored Contributor

Oh Glitter Puss ~ Your review cracked me as you are very funny! Are ya sure that you're going to keep it??? Wear it well (with white) and in the best of health!

~ Mick Smiley Happy

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

Please please give item #'s. A lot of postings on this forum talk about items by their ""Nickname"" and are not called that way on the web site. Finding the item being discussed is difficult.
Super Contributor

Wonderful review and I can feel your angst in your decision. I do hope you wear it in the best of health.