Contributor

I love Judith but these prices are ridiculous...

I love Judith Ripka and am definitely a Ripkanista. I own so many of her beautiful pieces but over $600 dollars for a 4.50 garnet ? and the list goes on. In my opinion lately the prices are overpriced for what you are receiving. I look forward to her shows and anticipate purchasing her pieces but I find myself purchasing less and less if anything at all. Anyone agree?

Contributor

Re: I love Judith but these prices are ridiculous...

Yes I've noticed this too, they suddenly seem insanely expensive. Not sure why that is, but the line is getting harder to afford.

Super Contributor

I agree, but ... every Ripka visit, there's a topic with complaints about prices, followed by a topic about 'what did you get,' so people grumble, but somebody keeps buying.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Contributor

Agreed ennui1. Let me clarify, I could purchase these items if I felt they were worth the price. It's not about being financially unable to purchase, its just not feeling the items are worth that kind of exhorbitant amount.

Contributor

I agree. I love Judith dearly and all she designs. Have collected from the beginning. I'm scared to add up all I spent but the pieces I have are beautifully designed and have a heft to them. Now, I find myself going to either clearance pages or maybe OTO or not buying at all. Have to be VERY selective. Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

I love Judith too and am a Ripkanista as well! I have about 3 jewelry boxes full of JR jewelry and so glad I purchased when I did. These prices are too high for my budget (on most items anyways) however I seem to always find one item that I like and can afford. With that said, the thing that really bothers me is that so many of her items go in clearance within a few months and I've already spent full price. I could understand after about a year, but some items go on clearance within months as I said.

Honored Contributor

I, or one, just feel like I'm getting taken advantage of. So I do not buy at these unreasonable prices. I just marvel at how many people have to use Easy Pay and yet they still buy.

Contributor

As long as people are buying it the prices will continue to go up. Just my opinion....I don't buy pieces because they have a designer name on them. I have some lovely pieces from years ago that are 10k and 14k gold and even a few diamonique rings set in gold. I prefer those to paying for someone's name.

Contributor

I am happy to have bought so many of her lovely pieces, because I can no longer afford most of them. I topped out at the pink monace ring which is my favorite. Obviously, her pieces sell at these highter prices, and that's just the way it goes.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a Judith Ripka customer, but in response to the topic of higher prices for the better (designer) jewelry lines, I'm willing to not buy as much and get that one or two fabulous pieces.