Super Contributor

Hope everyone is well and safe and has power in this "snowpocalypse"!!! This is certainly the winter from you know where-- and I long for Spring! let's think warm thoughts.

Super Contributor

I'm in the mid-Atlantic region and we're also getting pummeled as this storm marches up the Coast! But we still have power and I did manage to get out to my PO box today to pick up the 2 pacakages waiting for me-- now I will enjoy and think about these purchases as to how much I would actually wear them.

In the meantime, I have a pot of beef stew simmering on the stove.

Hope you all saty safe Smiley Happy.

Valued Contributor
Thanks for asking! We Atlanta Ripkanistas are doing well this time, off the roads, everyone had power and staying in until tomorrow when a lot has melted. I've got chicken, veggies and rice in a cream sauce in the slow cooker, avocado and tomato salad with blue cheese on the side. Our honorary ATL girls in Chicago have been hit hard as well as our VA Ripkanista. We have a Floridian and she is doing great weather wise!!!! Be safe and enjoy that stew, sounds good. Hugs.
Trusted Contributor
On 2/13/2014 JSMB said:

I'm in the mid-Atlantic region and we're also getting pummeled as this storm marches up the Coast! But we still have power and I did manage to get out to my PO box today to pick up the 2 pacakages waiting for me-- now I will enjoy and think about these purchases as to how much I would actually wear them.

did you get any snow? My cousin has just been getting lots of rain. Here - ugh. We lost our Easter Monday holiday due to all these stupid snow storms.

I'm driving down tomorrow - taking the ferry. I hope it's not like being on the Titanic!

stay safe!

Occasional Contributor

Waterbaby: My sister lives in Rome GA and said she got about 4 1/2 inches of snow/ice yesterday. I'm in South TX and we are having some really nice weather through the weekend. Your slow cooker dinner sounds delicious!

Frequent Contributor

Safe trip Roe. So far, the very southern tips of the NJ Parkway have been clean. We have over a foot here and 2 to 6 more coming tonight. Love, Sir Cancel

Valued Contributor
On 2/13/2014 chugy51 said:

Waterbaby: My sister lives in Rome GA and said she got about 4 1/2 inches of snow/ice yesterday. I'm in South TX and we are having some really nice weather through the weekend. Your slow cooker dinner sounds delicious!

We're in Alpharetta and got about 2" but mostly ice. Things are looking better today so we are heading out tomorrow. It seems that west of us and south of us in GA really got hit much harder and then, of course, up the entire east coast. So I'm wondering, we have had so much rain last fall, bad winter so will summer be even more scorching than it's ever been? Global confusion! Take careSmiley Happy
Super Contributor

Hope you all affected by the terrible snow storms and those losing power stay safe. Definitely feel sorry you have been having such a bad winter. I'm in south Florida (a transplant from NY 26 yrs ago) so we're okay here. Wish you could all come down this way and enjoy some sunshine and warm hospitality!

Super Contributor
On 2/13/2014 waterbaby said: Thanks for asking! We Atlanta Ripkanistas are doing well this time, off the roads, everyone had power and staying in until tomorrow when a lot has melted. I've got chicken, veggies and rice in a cream sauce in the slow cooker, avocado and tomato salad with blue cheese on the side. Our honorary ATL girls in Chicago have been hit hard as well as our VA Ripkanista. We have a Floridian and she is doing great weather wise!!!! Be safe and enjoy that stew, sounds good. Hugs.

So glad you're well and haven't lost power! Whew- this is quite the winter, sign't it?

Super Contributor
On 2/13/2014 roe1005 said:
On 2/13/2014 JSMB said:

did you get any snow? My cousin has just been getting lots of rain. Here - ugh. We lost our Easter Monday holiday due to all these stupid snow storms.

I'm driving down tomorrow - taking the ferry. I hope it's not like being on the Titanic!

stay safe!

Hi Roe- We've been digging out all day-- had about 16 inches! Now it's raining and we just experienced lightning and a clap of thunder. Stay warm on that ferry!