Super Contributor

Good afternoon and happy Saturday to us all.

I love my DB faux furs. I love when it's cold enough to wear them. I am beginning to hate all the snow and ice, even though I can wear Db coats I haven't seen in several years. I hope my lusting to wear these coats hasn't been the cause of the horrible winter weather.

DS#! has not had a good week. He saw his surgeon this week, who thought he went to re-hab, and was sent for an ultra sound yesterday to determine if he had developed a blood clot in his leg, which has been giving him considerable pain. Nothing showed, but the pain remains. DH is at his apartment now, along with a visiting nurse in hope of getting the pain under control. His legs have swollen badly, due to his inability to conduct his own re-hab exercises. He has my DH and myself plenty worried.

I had a long standing luncheon date with a girlfriend today. Unfortunately, many things conspired to horn in on the effort to keep the date, including DTGD who came to spend the morning as her daddy had a meeting he could not postpone. DH volunteered to take care so I could go about my business to get chores done and get ready as well. When i came down stairs dressed for my luncheon after showering, DTGD looked at me and recognized that I wasn't dressed to care for her. She asked me where I was going. I told her that I was going to eat lunch with a friend. DTGD replied - are you ready for it?- Am I your friend? My heart sunk as I tried to explain to her that she was my friend and I had lunch with her everyday but today I was going to have lunch with a grown up friend. And then she burst into tears when she realized luncheon wasn't between us. I held her in my arms to soothe her and to continue to explain that she was my best girl and that we'd play some more tomorrow. She calmed down but still looked disappointed. Oy!

Make it a great day!

Frequent Contributor

It is always nice to read your posts. I am sorry to hear about DS#1 and continued prayers go out to him and your family. DTGD is quite the little thinker- I really was amazed at her question. She is a true delight.

I missed some of the chats during the shows, have any of your purchases arrived yet? I only placed one order (for the silver TSV), and it arrived today. It is fabulous! I have on my wish list the extra links (now on waitlist).

I've had my DB faux furs out this winter a bit. I agree, DB does faux fur so well. Winter in northern Minnesota has been brutal too - plenty of snow and lots of below zero temperatures.

Frequent Contributor

Kap, time for a special luncheon just for you and your special "friend". Either at your home, or take her out to a nice restaurant. Just the two of you. P.S. Don't forget to dress up!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

littleone2 - I can't even begin to imagine the winters in northern Minn. It would make our ordeal pale in comparison. Stay warm. Only the Ceylon ring & earrings have arrived from my haul and I posted a review. My fear is that a million packages will arrive at one time and that's never a good thing for DH. Enjoy your beautiful TSV necklace. I can hardly wait for mine to arrive. Thanks for the kind words about my family.

=========

Dead Eye - What a great idea! Many thanks for suggesting a special luncheon with DTGD. I think I'll wait until warmer weather to do it, but that gives me more time to find a restaurant that she'll really like. Actually, she spoke to me last week about going to Chuck-E-Cheese, which is ironic considering what commenced yesterday. Thanks again!

Contributor

sharon-glad to hear you love your new blue----my niece just took her little girl to an american girl store here in chicago, they have a special tea/luncheon and do pictures with the doll/a reservation is needed/ i dont know how long you need to wait, but that may be a really cute idea/actually any place would be a wonderful experience for the 2 of you/one on one/and she would feel so proud and grown up/oh, if life could be so simple for all of us again--lol{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor
On 2/9/2014 aprilmom said:

sharon-glad to hear you love your new blue----my niece just took her little girl to an american girl store here in chicago, they have a special tea/luncheon and do pictures with the doll/a reservation is needed/ i dont know how long you need to wait, but that may be a really cute idea/actually any place would be a wonderful experience for the 2 of you/one on one/and she would feel so proud and grown up/oh, if life could be so simple for all of us again--lol{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

There is a store in NYC but I think she's too young for the trip and the experience. She won't be three until June. Once she's old enough I'll get her an AG doll and we'll be off. Thank you for thinking of this as an experience for her. I think I remember see in the news that once a year there is an AG fashion show in NJ, across the Delaware River from me. Simple life has left the building for me!