Super Contributor

I just received the extra links for the tsv, and I will be keeping them in the sterling only. The clad, which I had hoped to use for a two toned look, really won't get me what I was looking to do. The two extra short chains have no opening ends, which is fine for the silver TSV because that does have 4 extra opening links that are completely free standing. I would love it if the connecting/opening links were sold separately like extra watch links are sold. That would really offer the opportunity to do a two toned look. For me, it's not worth getting a clad TSV to achieve that look...so I shall wait and see if Ms. Ripka offers the connecting crown links separately in clad.

The extra links are weighty and solid and beautifully done. All linked together, without the pearls, makes a lovely toggle clasp necklace ala the titanic or the marquise (old TSVs) chains...but this one is different since it looks more jubilee in style with the oval links. And when worn with the pearls, can make a dramatic look with longer bits of chain between the pearls. I really love the concept and the execution on these pieces, only wishing she'd bring us more of the connector (crown) links separately!!

Frequent Contributor
It's unfortunate the extra links did not work as you'd intended. However, I appreciate the detailed review.
Contributor

Hi Smarty-

You must have been reading my mind…. I was just going to post about the extra links. I love my sterling set and I have the gold clad on check hold…I want to use them to make one long necklace….I was just afraid that the gold clad wouldn't match?

I have so many problems with the gold clad. Such a bummer. But my TSV gold clad was perfect.

I did end up ordering the gold clad pearl ended cuff and it was stunning but the gold was this terrible, terrible washed out color. Not sure if I want to try again with another one? Do you thing CS will put on easy pay for me?

Thanks again

D{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Contributor

Smarty I agree about the links. I received my TSV today and I'm over the top thrilled with it. I am such a pearl nut anyway, but this concept makes wearing pearls 'cool'!

I think I will be getting the extra links so I can have more to play with. Right now I am wearing it with all the links, doubled with the top choker style and the bottom longer. I actually have a Bixby HE signature all metal key hanging from it....it will play with 'shinier' Bixby too!

I LUV it!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

I just added a plea for these individual links to Judith's facebook page under the TSV topic/pictures...if you agree and are on facebook, please chime in; I think this might be the best place to get the comments noticed!!!

Super Contributor

So glad others think this is a good idea! Sometimes I think I'm a little crazy...any way, I do hope she brings the opening (crown) links in both sterling and clad, so I can create my two toned look. BTW, love the links in the extra chains...they are nice and weighty.

Regular Contributor
On 2/8/2014 JanDoll said:

Smarty I agree about the links. I received my TSV today and I'm over the top thrilled with it. I am such a pearl nut anyway, but this concept makes wearing pearls 'cool'!

I think I will be getting the extra links so I can have more to play with. Right now I am wearing it with all the links, doubled with the top choker style and the bottom longer. I actually have a Bixby HE signature all metal key hanging from it....it will play with 'shinier' Bixby too!

I LUV it!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Jan....hope you are well and your shoulder is too...I didn't see your post earlier. I am getting my TSV Monday probably; I am loving the idea of a LONGER but not 36" necklace....and playing with my "stuff"....already looking at it all trying to come up with new ideas.....been a long time since I was jazzed about new JR!!!