Valued Contributor

I am done reading and posting on the QVC boards...it is just not fun or worth my time anymore. Of course, there are many very nice and kind posters...but the trolls, mean, negative, and snarky posters have started to outweigh the nice ones. Tired of trying to weed through threads to find the positive ones. It's been fun, but it is time for me to move on.Smile

Esteemed Contributor

Best of luck to you, Barb.

I agree that the boards are snarky here. I hope you can find something else that is less snarky to fill the void.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

Hi, Barb. I, for one, will miss your posts. I see Noseworthy/Crispin/Chalmers is posting her silly little posts again. Clearly that person is not someone who is a respected member of this forum. Who knows what motivates a person like that? A lack of kindness and a certain pettiness is being displayed by that individual for whatever the reason. What a sad and negative way to start the New Year-- trying to destroy what is a very nice jewelry board.

Well, I am going to stick around, no matter how many names the person uses, or how many old posts this person resurrects. I will post whenever I feel like doing so. I will not let a forum bully stop me from doing anything I want to do.

Have a wonderful, positive New Year, Barb!

Trusted Contributor

It does seem when one comes to the boards these days, you must come prepared to be attacked.

You aren't permitted to be an individual. If you have a differing opinion, look out. There are a select few , who have appointed themselves experts in every category. You can come to agree with them , praise them, learn from them ~ cough** {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} -but don't dare speak your differing opinion.

It seems some of the nastiest posts fly , while another far less inflammatory- becomes the target of a pile on.

One has to have thick skin to come here. I have ptsd, and when I am having a particularly rough time, I avoid the boards like the plague.

If you have something upsetting or painful going on in your life, coming to the boards to occupy yourself- is futile. This is not a "soft place " to fall. Use to be we'd have an occasional troll , or a nasty poster or two -with her posse . And of course always a few self -righteous "perfect ones" among us. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Now we are blessed with scads , who just come here to inflame. Not so much fun here, anymore.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

That said, don't give them the satisfaction of running you off. You have just as much right to be here, as they do.Wink

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Contributor

twocent...I love, love, love your signature line. Being older, I have outlived so many of mine.

Barb....I also love your posts and would never let anyone run me out of a place I enjoy for the most part. I found the dredging up of old posts confusing this week, but, oh well....some people need to get a life.

Super Contributor
On 1/4/2014 VixenGail said:

I found the dredging up of old posts confusing this week, but, oh well....some people need to get a life.

School starts again next week. I think we've got a kid with too much free time. If you go to page 2, you can see the current topics. Page 1 is all old stuff.

I think the entire internet is snarky and mean. It's a mean ol' world.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of you leaving the BB. That's their goal and you are just allowing them to win. Up to you, but I have received my share and I don't let them intimidate me. I hope you reconsider.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Exactly why I don't come here as often. I am interested in product details and deals, whether at QVC or elsewhere, but too many ladies here want to chat about a lot of nothing. It's getting harder to figure out by the post title if it's something I'm interested in or not. I might finally decide like you, it's just too much trouble to weed thru all the bickering and misinformation to find what I want.

Honored Contributor
On 1/4/2014 Ford1224 said:

I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of you leaving the BB. That's their goal and you are just allowing them to win. Up to you, but I have received my share and I don't let them intimidate me. I hope you reconsider.

I echo Ford1224's comments. I made the mistake of posting when my dear husband passed away suddenly a few months ago and two established posters and a couple of "suddenly created nicknames" used it as an opportunity to say dreadful, hurtful things about me. I stayed away for months, mainly because my life and my health were in a downward spiral but partly because I couldn't tolerate such words and deeds as I saw here.

I realized, however, that the vast majority of posters are kind, compassionate, generous souls. And, frankly, I believe most of the negative nicknames are multiples which belong to a tiny handful of angry people.

Knowing these things, I've returned to post here. Not as much as before, granted, because "new" posters continue to show up and throw their darts. But I won't allow the actions of a few to overshadow the goodness of the majority.

barb40, Please do what your heart dictates. But don't allow anyone here to send you away.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

No one can force you to post, but you will be missed. When the good people leave, the snarky ones win.