Super Contributor

Big, Fat, Baroque Pearls: The Really Good, The [sort of] Bad, and the [a little bit] Ugly

Those of you who "know" me know how much I love pearls. The bigger the better, IMHO. Well, that recent Trunk Show video of Judith and Lisa R. reeled me right in.

First, I ordered the single pearl drop necklace. When it arrived, I was disappointed -- if a necklace is to have only one pearl, it should be a beautiful pearl. This one wasn't. It had a crinkly "neck" which was yellowed and lacking in nacre, so I decided to order another, hoping for a better pearl. The reorder arrived today, and it's worse! So, back both of those go. To tell the truth, I'm not too sad about that -- makes me feel a bit better about what's to follow:

I also ordered the the "flower" (star?) pin with amethyst stones. This is beautiful! The pearls are long and glow with a beautiful, heavy nacre, no flaws, just stunning! Keeper!

THEN, you ladies, you enablers, raving about your 36" Baroque Pearl necklaces made me do it: I ordered this one too just before the special pricing expired. Not that I don't already have several JR 36" freshwater pearl necklaces, but these, in their big, fat, glorious beauty are everything I was wanting when I ordered the others. My necklace has three near-round pearls with faint rings, and the craftsperson judiciously placed two of them at the back, one on either side of the clasp, and one in the center. The rest are baroque, all are well nacre-d (is that a word?) and glowing. They are truly in-your-face-big pearls! I am wearing these earrings with these pieces, which I purchased to go with the pearl lariat.

These are indeed expensive pieces, but I'll pay more when it's what I think is exceptional. Hey, it's my b'day today and I'm worth it! LOL.

Lola