Trusted Contributor

JR Quilted Faux Leather Jacket

I thought this jacket was so pretty. I normally don't order by numeric sizing, but ordered an 18W in the navy/black. I can wear either XL or 1X in her boyfriend shirts. Just wondering if anyone else ordered and if so, how you felt about the sizing? Thanks, everyone.

P.S. I thought the show was really wonderful, as well as the tributes. Courageous woman who will be missed by many.

Respected Contributor

Re: JR Quilted Faux Leather Jacket

I watched the show and am about the same size as you. Joan's XL fits me perfectly in tops, so if I were to order this lovely jacket it would be 18W, just like you ordered.

Wonderful show. Jill and David were great.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/13/2014 author said:

I watched the show and am about the same size as you. Joan's XL fits me perfectly in tops, so if I were to order this lovely jacket it would be 18W, just like you ordered.

Wonderful show. Jill and David were great.

Thanks, Author. I do hope it fits. Length is a bit shorter than I usually go for, but there was something about that navy one that grabbed my attention. Usually her line runs generous, so I'm hoping for the best. Yes, it was a great show and I'm so happy the line is continuing. What did you think of that denim bangle watch? "Classy" and "casual" all in one.

Honored Contributor

Yes, nice jacket! Love the quilted design. I'm on waitlist for the navy. Only waitlist for black and navy. A few sizes left for the brick. I recall a godfreak sneak peek of another JR quilted leather jacket-a cool looking black with tan trim-hope it will be offered.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Loved the denim watch too, very simple and classy. So glad we are getting more of Joan's line!

Esteemed Contributor

I think that the quilted Joan Rivers faux leather jacket is lovely. It's a moto inspired Chanel style jacket and it nearly sold out on The Shopping Channel in Canada a couple of weeks ago. And QVC customers sure are getting a much better price, it's $60 U.S. vs $109 CDN..ouch!

I didn't buy the jacket then or now but if it comes back and isn't waitlisted on QVC, I'm tempted to buy it and send it to a relative...that's how much I like it!

Contributor

On Monday I was glued to the show at 10 AM with David. Right out of the gate I ordered the beautiful boucle jacket in the blue and then I ordered the faux leather jacket in brick red. Then I ordered the knit pants in brown and the gray tuxedo pants with the faux leather trim down the leg. I could have gone on and on but I held back especially since some items were sold out or not even on waitlist. Well, two days later (today Wednesday) I received my two jackets and two pair of pants. Every item was a OMG moment. These clothes are so gorgeous and fit beautifully and so well made. Quality all the way. I can't say enough about them. So well worth the wait. Don't hesitate to order any JR items... they are terrific.

Honored Contributor

On 10/15/2014 shoptoomuch said:

On Monday I was glued to the show at 10 AM with David. Right out of the gate I ordered the beautiful boucle jacket in the blue and then I ordered the faux leather jacket in brick red. Then I ordered the knit pants in brown and the gray tuxedo pants with the faux leather trim down the leg. I could have gone on and on but I held back especially since some items were sold out or not even on waitlist. Well, two days later (today Wednesday) I received my two jackets and two pair of pants. Every item was a OMG moment. These clothes are so gorgeous and fit beautifully and so well made. Quality all the way. I can't say enough about them. So well worth the wait. Don't hesitate to order any JR items... they are terrific.

I agree! All of the JR items that I purchased are excellent quality & fit-jackets, tops, pants, jewelry. I'm on waitlist for the navy chanel jacket. And those tuxedo pants are fab-picking up the black. David said he will be on PMS on Monday...something new??? And I think another 1 hour show in Oct?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/15/2014 Chi-town girl said:

I agree! All of the JR items that I purchased are excellent quality & fit-jackets, tops, pants, jewelry. I'm on waitlist for the navy chanel jacket. And those tuxedo pants are fab-picking up the black. David said he will be on PMS on Monday...something new??? And I think another 1 hour show in Oct?

Chi, I also ordered the JR chanel jacket in the brick, can't wait to get it!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

On 10/15/2014 graceandmercy said:
On 10/15/2014 Chi-town girl said:

Chi, I also ordered the JR chanel jacket in the brick, can't wait to get it!

Hi grace! I like the quilting, straight zipper & the pocket design of this jacket. Looks like many of us like it---all 3 colors are sold out. "Sold out" is not happening much at Q these days, lol. Let me know your review since I'm still on waitlist & suspect it will be a couple of weeks before it moves to "processing". I also think there is another JR quilted chanel style leather jacket still to come from a godfreak post sneak peek. It also has a straight zipper and a lovely color combo - black with camel trim or brick red with black trim. Still deciding on the new collar button poncho...once it is shown, it will sell out. I was fortunate to purchase from the 2nd show on tues, the JR mock turtleneck in black before it sold out, and the black fur zip vest!!! Glad to see more new JR items being offered and more in the works.