Trusted Contributor

Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work PBS Video

Interested in viewing Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work?

You can view the full video on PBS at:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/episodes/joan-rivers-a-piece-of-work/watch-full-film-joan-ri...

Super Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work PBS Video

I saw it about a year ago, and couldn't believe her incredible work ethic, especially at her age. One scene in particular really got to me. She was at an airport, Minneapolis I think, and here comes Joan, long fur coat, wheeling her own bag, at 2AM, and I wondered why she felt the need to put herself through this. What a trooper. I have laughed watching Fashion Police for a couple of years now, and was so sad to hear that she had passed away! Most entertainment people don't impress me, but Joan Rivers- she was something else!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I've been a fan of Joan's for years, she always seemed to be a part of my life. But I became a bigger fan after this documentary came out a few years ago. I bought the dvd, something I rarely do. Thanks for posting this, I'll watch it for the tribute. And how great that pbs is offering the dvd for sale, it's been a tough find for many lately! What a life, truly inspirational!

Trusted Contributor

Just checked... the video will be available on the link that I posted above:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/episodes/joan-rivers-a-piece-of-work/watch-full-film-joan-ri...

until tomorrow morning, Wednesday, October 8th, 2014.

Also, there are numerous Joan Rivers videos available on YouTube including the full version of A Piece of Work at:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=a+piece+of+work+joan+rivers+full+movie

Super Contributor

I did hear it was edited on PBS...I did not mind the full version but if anyone has a problem with colorful talk it may be best to watch PBS..Either was both versions are great.

Super Contributor

The unedited version is available on Netflix.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I was about to say it's on netflix.

I think she is amazing, to put it mildly. I've watched this several times lately and I must say, I wish there were a few more scenes of Edgar; especially Edgar speaking. He looks like such a lovable person.

Joan is really an inspiration.

Honored Contributor

I recorded this on my DVR recently. When I went to watch it, it was a different program than the Joan documentary. I was so disappointed that they hadn't shown it. I'm going to look for it On Demand. Hopefully it will be there or our PBS station will show it at a later date.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau