Super Contributor

OMG! In this on-air presentation, which is over 16 minutes long, with Joan on-air live throughout the entire presentation (on her feet)…look what she does at the 16:00 mark!

She dances!!! Who does this in their 80's!? What a remarkable woman she was!

http://www.qvc.com/Joan-Rivers-Floral-Bouquet-34-Sleeve-Jacket.product.A230583.html?sc=A230583-User...

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree. She had so much more dancing to do........

Super Contributor
In some ways Joan was still in the prime of her career. I'm going to miss her
Super Contributor
Also there's a few new stories on how Joan changed Home shopping which is what I been saying for a while now and I'm glad she's FINALLY getting her due respect on that also.
Respected Contributor

I saw this when it aired! She was a lot of fun and had a real zest for life!! Fabulous woman and the whole package.

Super Contributor
On 9/24/2014 BonAtTheBeach said:

I totally agree. She had so much more dancing to do........

So true. I can't imagine what her family and friends are going through.

Super Contributor
On 9/24/2014 blossompie said: In some ways Joan was still in the prime of her career. I'm going to miss her

I agree. She looked so vibrant, and actually, very pretty too. I read somewhere that in her act, the night before, she was actually jumping around and was very physical in her routine. She also was a stickler for physical training. All this in her 80's. So careful with health and then this tragedy. Seems so odd, the timing, all of it. Sad.

Super Contributor
On 9/24/2014 Kitlynn said:

I saw this when it aired! She was a lot of fun and had a real zest for life!! Fabulous woman and the whole package.

Yes, she was the whole package. I mean, there are women who hesitate moving around at ages much younger than she. And she was a role model for anyone who thought, "gee, I'm too tired today…"!! Joan would do it.

Respected Contributor
On 9/24/2014 ical said:

OMG! In this on-air presentation, which is over 16 minutes long, with Joan on-air live throughout the entire presentation (on her feet)…look what she does at the 16:00 mark!

http://www.qvc.com/Joan-Rivers-Floral-Bouquet-34-Sleeve-Jacket.product.A230583.html?sc=A230583-User...

Do you know anyone over 60? You make it sound like no one in their 80's is capable of doing anything except sitting in a hypnotic trance in a wheelchair. DH is 95 and not only dances with me almost daily, but does a mean Buck & Wing on the side. There are lots of us who have lived well into our retirement years, who still not only know a thing or two, but can put on a pretty good show. There are millions of us who still lead very active lives. However, we all know that the day (or night) will come when God says it's time to go, and we have to follow. Apparently Joan's dance was over, and as a little guy said in my Sunday School class, when God gets your room ready you have to check in.

Respected Contributor
On 9/25/2014 Perkup said:
On 9/24/2014 ical said:

Do you know anyone over 60? You make it sound like no one in their 80's is capable of doing anything except sitting in a hypnotic trance in a wheelchair. DH is 95 and not only dances with me almost daily, but does a mean Buck & Wing on the side. There are lots of us who have lived well into our retirement years, who still not only know a thing or two, but can put on a pretty good show. There are millions of us who still lead very active lives. However, we all know that the day (or night) will come when God says it's time to go, and we have to follow. Apparently Joan's dance was over, and as a little guy said in my Sunday School class, when God gets your room ready you have to check in.

I'm glad you wrote this, because I was thinking the same thing. My grandparents both lived into their mild nineties, and except for the last few months, were very active. They were involved with their senior group, drove everywhere, and took care of their house and property. My great-grandparents lived into their late eighties, and were great waltzers and polka dancers until the end. I like the last line you wrote. Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero