Super Contributor

David Dangle Please Write a Joan's Official Jewelry Guide w/stories why she made them.

David should really put together a loving dedication guide to all things Joan's Jewelry (fashion too, maybe, since many of her items are timeless in fashion).

If anyone of you have peeked at Ebay and have seen some things which are not really Joan's items, or are bought without Joan's stories…or the meanings behind why she created them...

I guess I just miss her cheery, optimistic energy…and maybe if David reads this, he could explain (in this book, hopefully) how much work and dedication and thought went into each piece. For example, some of the pieces were historically connected, vintage, or from old molds. Or some, have deep meaning, or "just because she thought it would be fun!", or just because she thought they were gorgeous to make for those who could never pay for the "real". But the "real" gem was Joan and her stories and her playful, but loving (yes loving) way she would describe each piece. Sure, many could not even afford what she offered, but we listened to her on QVC anyway because she was fun and enlightening, and cleverly witty, and naughty in a coy "child in your heart" way.

It would be sad to have all those stories and meanings fade away. Maybe David could put them together in a book...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: David Dangle Please Write a Joan's Official Jewelry Guide w/stories why she made them.

great idea

Respected Contributor

Re: David Dangle Please Write a Joan's Official Jewelry Guide w/stories why she made them.

Joan did publish a book of her jewelry in 1995. It would be nice to have another one with all the pieces she did since then.

Super Contributor

Wow!!!! What great ideas! I'm in and I would definitely buy!!!
Super Contributor

What a great idea
Esteemed Contributor

that would interest me, too....

Super Contributor

Thanks for your input, those who responded!

…What she said, the meanings, the lessons, her humor...

It's hard to believe there will be no more…{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Maybe David could capture them.

Trusted Contributor

I love this idea ~ thanks for suggesting it! I think it would make Joan's pieces even more special!
Frequent Contributor

Count me in as another who would love such an updated book of Joan's jewelry and stories behind the designs!

Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 ical said:

David should really put together a loving dedication guide to all things Joan's Jewelry (fashion too, maybe, since many of her items are timeless in fashion).

If anyone of you have peeked at Ebay and have seen some things which are not really Joan's items, or are bought without Joan's stories…or the meanings behind why she created them...

I guess I just miss her cheery, optimistic energy…and maybe if David reads this, he could explain (in this book, hopefully) how much work and dedication and thought went into each piece. For example, some of the pieces were historically connected, vintage, or from old molds. Or some, have deep meaning, or "just because she thought it would be fun!", or just because she thought they were gorgeous to make for those who could never pay for the "real". But the "real" gem was Joan and her stories and her playful, but loving (yes loving) way she would describe each piece. Sure, many could not even afford what she offered, but we listened to her on QVC anyway because she was fun and enlightening, and cleverly witty, and naughty in a coy "child in your heart" way.

It would be sad to have all those stories and meanings fade away. Maybe David could put them together in a book...

I seriously doubt that David is looking at the message boards here .... if you want to connect with him, try Facebook. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}