Super Contributor

"Quiet Please, There's a Lady on Stage" (song sung for Joan).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoOfc3YJ3hM

For those who do not scroll down to read the comments on this video, it is quite apparent this is the song (not Hugh singing it of course).

Super Contributor

Re: "Quiet Please, There's a Lady on Stage" (song sung for Joan).

There wasn't a dry eye when he sang that from what I read
Respected Contributor

It was a song that Hugh Jackman sang in his Tony Award winning performance ""The Boy from Oz. The show was about Peter Allen an entertainer who was Liza M's first husband. Peter Allen wrote the song about Judy Garland. It was Joan River's favorite song and Hugh Jackson was wonderful to perform it in honor of Joan Rivers.

Super Contributor

Thanks so much for posting the link!

Super Contributor

On 9/10/2014 cgil said:

Thanks so much for posting the link!

You're welcome! I thought it was the only way some would be able to imagine the scenario only the few could view, considering her fan base.

Those who were the "hawked" to her "hawking", lol.

Valued Contributor

Back "in the day" I lived in NYC and frequented discos. {I live a totally different life now} I knew Peter and was devastated when I read about his death. He would have LOVED the fact that his song was chosen. He##, he would have sung it himself!

Thanks so much for posting the song and for my trip down memory lane.

Super Contributor

On 9/10/2014 Margo Channing said:

Back "in the day" I lived in NYC and frequented discos. {I live a totally different life now} I knew Peter and was devastated when I read about his death. He would have LOVED the fact that his song was chosen. He##, he would have sung it himself!

Thanks so much for posting the song and for my trip down memory lane.

You are most welcome! It must have been amazing knowing him, lucky you! Smiley Happy

I read that Liza Minelli could not attend the funeral due to her dogs knocking her down.

Here's part of the article, if you're interested:

She told a US paper: "I couldn't go to Joan's funeral, I desperately wanted to because I loved her but I couldn't go because I can't walk. I'm in bed.

"Going in for surgery.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/liza-minelli-breaks-back-following-4184286#ixzz3CxHA6VbX

Respected Contributor

I was wondering about Liza Minnelli. I know they were friendly. I think Joan would have been surprised at how much people loved her. She received just as much publicity if not more than Robin Williams.

Respected Contributor

Last night on Jimmy Fallon, Hugh Jackman was the guest. Jimmy told him twice how nice it was that he performed the song at Joan's funeral. Hugh's comment was "how could he not" she was an amazing lady.

Super Contributor

I missed it but have to agree. We lost a great one last week!