Super Contributor

Opinions on a Joan Rivers Tribute

I understand QVC is a business but I personally thought a 30 second video in between set changes was a bit lame. I would like it if the hosts and crew who worked with her to sit and share memories of Joan and either set aside a future time to air it or film it and post it on here. I just think Joan deserved more, let's not forget she made the company over a billion dollars and she literally changed the face of Home Shopping. Before Joan it was all Vaccum cleaners and gold played watches
Super Contributor

Re: Opinions on a Joan Rivers Tribute

I would like to see all the skits they did, the overproductions, dramatically done, in costume, with bloopers and all.

You have three of this same post up too, lol.

Respected Contributor

I would not be interested at all in the O/P request. And no, I wouldn't watch.

Super Contributor

I would definitely watch, but don't think it is going to happen. They might post it online, but they are not going to set aside 15-30 minutes to talk about her...unless it is just showing short clips during one of her shows.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Super Contributor

I wouldn't watch either. It's sad that she is gone but life goes on. Time to move on.
Super Contributor

On 9/8/2014 LadyBug77 said: I wouldn't watch either. It's sad that she is gone but life goes on. Time to move on.
Of course life goes on but she was an icon and touched so many lives through her good times and bad. Love Joan And miss her already
Super Contributor

Oh I do have two posts of the same thing. Omg sorry guys
Super Contributor

On 9/8/2014 blossompie said:
On 9/8/2014 LadyBug77 said: I wouldn't watch either. It's sad that she is gone but life goes on. Time to move on.
Of course life goes on but she was an icon and touched so many lives through her good times and bad. Love Joan And miss her already

I agree. She also brought in so much money for QVC. I think they owe some sort of a special tribute to Joan...other than the CEO posting a short farewell online. That tribute could be snippets of video during one of her shows that David or Melissa could be on.

While I would like to see a bee pin or something special designed as a farewell tribute to Joan, I hate to see QVC making money off that tribute. If they would donate the proceeds to one of Joan's favorite charities, I think that would be lovely.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Super Contributor

On 9/9/2014 Madisson said:

I agree. She also brought in so much money for QVC. I think they owe some sort of a special tribute to Joan...other than the CEO posting a short farewell online. That tribute could be snippets of video during one of her shows that David or Melissa could be on.

While I would like to see a bee pin or something special designed as a farewell tribute to Joan, I hate to see QVC making money off that tribute. If they would donate the proceeds to one of Joan's favorite charities, I think that would be lovely.

Omg,that's a great idea, joan had a charity I think it's called Gods love or Gods work or something and that charity meant the world to her. Yes now that would be a great tribute and honor to her and selling a special bee pin and proceeds going to that paticular charity is an even better idea! Madisson I'm glad you brought that idea up. Excellent
Super Contributor

On 9/9/2014 blossompie said:
On 9/9/2014 Madisson said:

Omg,that's a great idea, joan had a charity I think it's called Gods love or Gods work or something and that charity meant the world to her. Yes now that would be a great tribute and honor to her and selling a special bee pin and proceeds going to that paticular charity is an even better idea! Madisson I'm glad you brought that idea up. Excellent

It's called, "God's Love, We Deliver".

Watch Joan explain her charity, the one she worked so hard for when she was on Celebrity Apprentice (she won, too!):

Watch from about 35:00 mark (point your mouse/arrow at the slide bar at the base of the video and click it to 35:00 minute mark) and listen to Joan explain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xjZsWa2Ano